XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Call of Duty will be great again; I want Battlefield to follow.

Canā€™t wait to play them in Game Pass, lol

8 Likes

Or they let Gears be Gears and make a new IP.

Iā€™m down, respawn really is the only thing EA has going for it right now.

1 Like

So hyped for this, and I am not even that huge of a star wars fan, but love itā€™s world. Also I assume that strategy game will be XCOM style

Its by a studio made of former xcom devs so safe bet.

1 Like

Big enough news for a thread. Please continue posting about the three announced EA games there.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Respawn making 3 new Star Wars games for EA, including Jedi: Fallen Order sequel

I think supporting PC is what pushed the success of these games eventuallyā€¦ Donā€™t have much of the data here but SoT 5M on steam is indicative of the fact tha PC helped xbox after its bad start.

And there are many ips like Sunset overdrive, Ryde quantum break etc which I feel were flopped because of bad start of xbox.

People like to ignore things that donā€™t fit their narratives.

I have reservations against Actiblizz acquisition myself, but I can still recognize its nowhere close to trying to acquire ARM.

6 Likes

I think this is what it really comes down to. A probable reason why we havenā€™t got a new Banjo yet for instance is that no one knows what to do with it. Some didnā€™t like Nuts & Bolts because it wasnā€™t the Banjo game they wanted but Yooka Laylee wasnā€™t received that well either.

Gears

The PS fans are f***ing insane, there is no other explanation. Jfc

3 Likes
3 Likes

I remember this one, another indie locked down by PS for years and years, IDK what kind of contracts they make people sign.

LOL at the time of the deal being announced no one really thought it would go through. Nvidia are already the 2nd biggest chip producer in the world(only behind TSMC) and Armā€™s clients are nearly every one of their competitors and even companies that arenā€™t.

Thatā€™s what I thought when he said heā€™s played it for years

Heā€™s literally in Fortniteā€¦

The rock in ā€¦ The Animal Crossing movie