XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

If you’re playing a 360 game (and maybe even xbox one, not sure) I think you need to have your buddy set up/download his profile on the Xbox dashboard instead of inside the game. I had the same exact problem a while back and that solved it for us. I think when the game is being emulated it has trouble connecting to the old servers that handled these things.

Once it’s setup and technically exists, he can sign in inside the emulated game without problems.

Will someone please think about the developers?!

Yeah multiplats on a Sony console? I don’t think so. lol

Thank god I didn’t have any multiplats on the PS3 (for obvious backwards compatible reasons), on the PS4 I was able to sell any multiplatform games (they were all physical copies thankfully) that I wanted and managed to replace them with Xbox versions so it’s all fine now. :wink:

Cant buy any multiplats on ps5 due to lack of vrr, auto hdr and all that lol.

Mainly VRR and I hate that Sony doesnt support 3D audio solutions that aint the shitty ass tempest one.

3 Likes

Funny how they don’t advertise their 3D Audio as much as before. Now that you mention it, where is that VRR? How come it’s taking this long for Sony?

Finishing up my heroic Halo Infinite playthrough today.

As far as I know based on the TV oriented people I follow on youtube Some think its they dont want to activate it on the PS5 because its not ready on the Sony TV’s and They dont want people buying LG’s or Samsung in the meantime.

That would be me. PS4/PS4 Pro was my primary gaming console for last generation. I switched to Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console for this generation with PS5 being for full/timed exclusives only.

I have repurchased a few games on Xbox for Series X that I already own for PS4/PS5. Mainly The Division 2, Control UE, Avengers, AC Origins and AC Odyssey. Thought about buying Borderlands 3 for Xbox but with Wonderlands out in 3 months and I didn’t really enjoy the story/characters so I decided against it.

I understand this. Replace Quick Resume with Cloud Saves and im pretty much the same. However, still great to own a PS5 for the full/timed exclusives. I already completed Miles, Ratchet and Kena. HFW is next and no way was I going to play the best looking game thus far on a PS4 Pro. Screw that. Nothing better than owning both XSX and PS5 in my opinion.

Not to mention Play Anywhere. It helped me out to keep up when I’m away from my TV and resume my progress without the use of cloud gaming. Option is key.

Getting PS5 for exclusive is my reason. It’s just I don’t want to be those guys who have theirs “collecting dust.” I haven’t played PS4 in a while after I got Series X. Hell, I don’t even have PS+ anymore. Probably won’t get it despite free games. Online play, it’s Xbox all the way.

I don’t see the big deal of it “collecting dust” because it’s secondary for a reason. My Xbox One was collecting dust since it was last gen what PS5 is this gen for me. A secondary console. If im playing my PS5 at an equal or more amount of time than my Xbox Series X, then honestly, why is my PS5 secondary? For me, a secondary console is basically at best played 25% of the time compared to my primary which is 75%.

For 2021 games, I played and completed 2 PS5 games and what will end up being 8 XSX games after I play and complete Biomutant so basically, an 80%-20% ratio. If I include the 5 Nov/Dec 2020 games, it’s 12-3 so still 80% to 20% ratio. And this doesn’t include me replaying The Division 2 and AC Origins on XSX.

Maybe it’s just me but I just don’t see the issue with a secondary console collecting dust because if it’s just for exclusives (like it is for me), why would it be anything more than what you’re expecting it to be?

1 Like

Valid point. Thanks for that thought.

1 Like

All my console choices were based on value and what makes sense for me. PS2, 360, PS4, XB1, Xbox Series S because of Game Pass . I have never associated with a console and bought it for exclusives only other than the Switch which I sold pretty quickly, and I’m planning to get a PS5 eventually based on the exclusive lineup and maybe their inevitable games service.

It helps that I’m not very picky or specific, I just like good games.

Always thought secondary consoles were all Nintendo(s)…

Since the PlayStation, forget secondary, more like tertiary console for me. N64/GC/Wii/Switch were all 3rd. That’s what happens when you only play and complete 10 Nintendo published games in 25 years. Skipped Wii U and Wii was owned for 2 months if I remember correctly. Owned a Switch for two years which was longer than Wii/Wii U combined (lol) but not as long as N64 or GC.

Going all the way back to when I started gaming. Primary, secondary, etc. -

1. NES (lone console, was a kid)
  2. SNES, Genesis
  3. PlayStation, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Panasonic 3DO
  4. PlayStation 2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox
  5. Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii (summer of 2012 and it was gone very quickly)
  6. PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch (fall 2017-fall 2019)
  7. Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5

At this point, it’s highly unlikely that I ever buy a Switch again because as of now, there’s not a single game that im interested in playing.

Weird that RWS themselves are tweeting this. They said themselves that ID@Xbox keeps denying them, assumedly due to issues with the content. I made a thread here about it back when it happened but most people shut me down :zipper_mouth_face:. I just think it’s silly that Nintendo allows this and nobody has an issue but ID@Xbox won’t. One of my only issues with ID@Xbox at the moment… it’s not the only game they’ve denied due to content issues when those same games release on PS4 and Switch with no problem. I say as long as it’s M rated, just allow it, provided it’s not a complete buggy mess that crashes the console obviously.

Wanted to play Postal 1 in coop (it’s not particularly great, but I find the way it handles the dark subject matter with a rather serious tone is actually quite interesting. Postal 2 is a much better game but it also has a much “”“lighthearted”“” tone)

1 Like

Because Postal games are trash filled with unfunny shock humor.

1 Like

Man BTB is completely broken.

It’s hard to workaround it. When the vacation is over, I hope they can fix it, stat. A lot of changes will come as well.

And… that’s a good reason to outright deny the release? (Yes I know ID@Xbox is completely within their right to block whatever they want. I’m saying I disagree with just how overbearing they seem to be) The humor of Postal 2 onwards don’t even feel too far away from a Saints Row game.

Can’t see the harm in just letting them release it (Postal Redux is literally ready to release for Xbox) and just letting us degenerates play it in peace :man_shrugging:

3 Likes
1 Like