XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

I know that it literally is one(being animated and all), but to call it a cartoon is such a disservice.

1 Like

That’s how many see it and how they treat it. So they never give it a chance to see how great it truly is.

Yep, and they’re really missing out.

1 Like

This is nothing like the Nolan Batman films. For one thing i can actually tell what’s going on during the fight scenes they’ve show. Looks more like Matt Reeves is channeling David Fincher pretty hard, some shots look like someone dropped Batman into Se7en. From what’s been revealed it will be more of a noir detective Batman (Something that has been missing in most of his films) and it looks far less “grounded” than the Nolan films that seem to forget after Begins, that Batman takes place in Gotham city and not Chicago. Then there is Batterson tanking heavy machine gun fire at close range like it’s nothing. This seems like the closest i’ll ever get to my dream of a Fincher directed Batman film, aesthetically anyway.

As for The Matrix , its very different than what people were expecting. Your mileage may vary on that one but i can see what they were going for , i am not sure they succeeded though. Biggest sin the movie committed for me is the badly shot fighting scenes.

The biggest sin you can commit with any film fight is having a bunch of jump cuts all through the fights to the point where the viewer can barely tell what’s going on. I though the Wachowski’s of all people would realize this. Post John Wick (as well as their own Matrix films) that shit is not acceptable at all. Yuen Woo Ping clearly had nothing to do with fight choreography and it shows but the shoddy camera work kills it for me. I just expected a Matrix film to have well done action scenes and it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Amazon, where the hell is my copy of GoT PS4 Director’s Cut?

I ordered this stuff on Christmas and it still hasn’t shipped and it supposed to be Thursday.

is rare gonna release one game every 7 years now jeez. They have 200 plus employees. they shouldn’t have a game be a mess like jeff grubbis saying

2 Likes

Game. Dev. Is. Hard.

Sometimes shit just doesn’t work.

12 Likes

Yes it is. Sometimes this is what happens when you don’t simply copy and paste from existing games. I’m glad they have Microsoft’s backing to try new material.

then isn’t better to pull the plug ?

1 Like

Started the original Max Payne and I cant stop laughing at the character model being Sam Lake.

2 Likes

It’s literally a jpeg of his face :risi:

2 Likes

Is there a list of game of the year awards and how many times a game has won? I want to see how many times Xbox studios has won this year

Is this going to be the first playing GOT? Or have you played it before?

I upgraded the PS4 version to PS5. I already completed it when it launched in 2020 but have to replay it since I don’t have the game save file. Loved the base game. My 3rd best game of last generation. At some point in 2022, I will replay the base game so I can get to the Iki Island expansion.

Some Japanese game directors/devs were naming their favorite games they played this year and this came up. There’s about 100+ different devs who answered in this twitter thread.

5 Likes

MC is big in JP and probably they played it on the switch lol

3 Likes

Hey, whatever works for MS. Lol.

2 Likes

Bloodborne completed. From Software can do no wrong.

2 Likes

An actual travesty, but I am not surprised. There are two things going against it, it being animation and it not being Marvel/Disney. But it’s fine, it’s just folks on Instagram. Imo if the poll was on twitter, Arcane would have probably gotten much more percentage.

Also, seems like Death’s Door lost to Deathloop by a similar margin. Oh well. :unamused:

1 Like

Anyone here got RetroArch on their Xbox

I’m using Durango FTP to transfer roms but the transfer speed is insufferably slow. Any other faster way to transfer my roms?