XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

I did love Batman Forever as a kid and I still love it because of nostalgia but its certainly not what I want from a modern Batman movie, never cared for Burton’s Batman

A gritty Batman that takes shit seriously interacting with other superheroes and villains, I know people have issues with Snyder’s Batman but for me, its the closest to what iv wanted out of Batman and comics put on the big screen

Going from Batman fighting aliens and Darkseid alongside the JL to another trilogy of grounded Batman is just the complete opposite direction of what im interested in

1 Like

That second to last part, that sounds good. Hopefully some really nice heavy hitters. If not day one, maybe month two or three for all I care, I can wait. Big ones next to the smaller titles we’ve been having, some real good stuff, some…not so good stuff would be very welcome.

Hard disagree. The more grounded the better, this is so much better than the space jumping pyjama clad magic wielders of Marvel. :face_vomiting:

[size=0]Disclaimer: This post may contain one or more of the following: sarcasm, jokes, tounge-in-cheek comments, attempts at humour, lightheartedness and/or silliness. If you feel offended, please contact your local DB rep. Here is a link on humour for those unfamiliar with the concept: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour[/size]

Disagree, most of what works about NWH comes from the long history of Spider-Man films and the nostalgia associated with seeing… certain actors reprise their roles.

If Dafoe, Molina and… others were not involved with the film, I don’t think the film would be nearly as popular.

If you remove nostalgia from the equation, a majority of NWH’s home plot doesn’t make sense.

Even blinded by nostalgia some of the story STILL doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

1 Like

I’ve honestly never been a fan of Batman in the JL. I’ve always considered it to be utterly ridiculous.

I honestly prefer the darker, more grounded Batman, but I also don’t mind them embracing the weirdness that is the Batman universe. For all it’s faults, I actually enjoyed Gotham because it felt like a mixture of both worlds but with much worse writing and acting. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:running_man: Shazam is the best DC Movie :running_man:

I disagree. The last Spider-Man kinda proves my point. It made a billion +.

It wouldn’t of been as popular as it is now but it still would of made more than both those movies combined in a week.

FFH had the benefit of being the epilogue to the HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

FFH isn’t even that good looking back.

You’re still proving my point though lol. @ProgStopper

There’s no scenario where the Matrix or Ghostbusters would come close to touching Spider-Man (the biggest superhero oat) at the box office in 2021.

I don’t want to clutter up the thread with this though so I’ll just end it on this, I don’t think it’s fair to compare struggling IP’s to the one of the biggest IP’s in entertainment history.

What I’m saying is Spider-Man success was directly tied to hype.

The hype being attributed to a gimmick.

FFH being the Epilogue to Phase 3 and piggy-backing off of Endgame, No Way Home being a multiverse film.

Homecoming had not a lot of hype going into it and it’s early box-office returns showed.

I guess that explains why Sony put out a new Uncharted movie trailer. Cashing in Tom Holland’s success.

I mean the new PS5 Spider-Man face actor kinda looks like Tom Holland.

Just saying.

Since im all in for Dying Light 2 and buying the Ultimate Edition digitally, im hoping for Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands as this is a game I want to play but don’t really want to buy. lol. Second choice would be Elden Ring.

My prediction for Game Pass deals for the first quarter of 2022 -

• Rainbow Six Extraction (January)
  • The Evil Dead (February)
  • Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands (March)

All three have an online co-op/mp component to them and with Stalker 2 being late April, they would have the first four months of 2022 covered.

Looking forward to Alan Wake 2 and Control 2. Crossfire X campaign is 50/50. Will see what it gets rated. What’s Condor???

Not surprised by this at all. At this point, im just waiting for John Wick 4.

Yes it does. Looking forward to it.

@Ruthwik_Rao I’m really glad for Halo Infinite, but there is just no way Arcane lost that much to Loki, this is a crime.

4 Likes

I loved Loki, loved it, but for me it was not even close to being in Arcane’s class.

1 Like

Not many watch cartoons, so it’s easy to understand a live action show beating it out.

2 Likes

Can we have grounded batman making 90s batmab puns?

I keep thinking of “grounded Batman” as being the size of an ant.

1 Like