XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

Thats a nice cover!

1 Like

i guess they are still searching for publisher

Yes. Looks good and you can see some icons on the map and I love the town/hub area. As soon as Frey starts walking, thereā€™s an NPC that you can talk to but it didnā€™t happen. Magic attacks look great. Only negative is the world seems empty due to the size but since traversal seems to be very fast, it probably wonā€™t matter much. As of now, itā€™s still day one for me. I do want to see YouTubers and others gets hands on with the game though instead of it just being a B-Roll preview.

Definitely far better than 2021. And you forgot Bright Memory Infinite for Xbox Series X/S. :frowning:

Iā€™m not worried. I have a few multi-platform games in the first half of 2022 along with Crossfire X campaign and Stalker 2. Plus hopefully, Bright Memory Infinite.

Sony will have the better first half while Microsoft will have the better second half. Basically a repeat of 2021 in this regard. And like 2021, Sony will give me my game of the year (Horizon 2) until possibly the end of the year when Starfield snatches it away.

Iā€™m sticking with God of War Ragnarok being Spring 2023.

1 Like

hmmm iā€™m 50/50 on this to be 2022, the game is cross gen and they havenā€™t changed much for sequel in term of gameplay.

imo sony can very well put this game in fall, the game will have strong legs.

Knowing how Sony normally stays away from Oct/Nov/Dec, I see GOWR being ready but delayed a few months for the extra polish that they normally give every first party game. Plus, Sony doesnā€™t need GOWR to carry PS5 sales as third parties can do that like usual and 2022 will be far more packed and well, better than 2021 in this regard.

1 Like

true they already have TWO PS Games (GT7 and HFW) and Timed Exclusive game(Forsopken).

imo GOW with Spiderman in 2023 will be strong year for sony.

btw is Spiderman 2 next gen only ?

yup.

1 Like

Yeah and earlier this year it was on sale as well, so hopefully during the Christmas sale? If theyā€™re gonna be like 8 bucks per game Iā€™ll do it.

1 Like

Good thing I completely finished those.

5 Likes

It was clear from the trailer it was a pitch to find someone interested, when only the developer is listed without any type of release window. Iā€™d fund the game if I was MS, japanese style games are still a weak spot for the platform, as the Games Awards highlighted once more.

2 Likes

13 months ago in November of last year I started playing the Trails series, and last night I finished the last currently localized game (Cold Steel IV, which is fitting as itā€™s basically a big finale to everything so far). My total playtime adds up to about 940 hoursā€¦ or 39 days. So out of the past 13 months of my life, 1 of them was spent playing this series. Welcome to where almost all of my free time has been spent. No regrets :sweat_smile:, best JRPG series of all time. Now that Iā€™m free, I can actually start playing some other releases from this yearā€¦

I think I get why more devs donā€™t engage in long term storylines now. Itā€™s actually quite crazy that you need to play all of these to understand the story. Itā€™s extremely rewarding though.

3 Likes

I would love to see the series come to Xbox :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes. Iā€™m still waiting for this, but in Xbox/Game Pass form

1 Like

Choosing Stadia over Xbox seems insulting. But really, I thought it was over. I suppose the clock is still ticking.

iā€™m pretty sure google paid for this. MS could do the same but they didnā€™t do it here for these games.

MS needs to throw money if they want more JP Games.

Horizon II: Forbidden West looks amazing. Very hyped for it.

2023 with God of War Ragnarok and Spider Man 2 would be one hell of a year matching 2018 for Sony.

And yes, Spider Man 2 (and Wolverine) are current generation only.

1 Like

Day One for me. Easy Allies Hands On Preview for Crossfire X -

4 Likes

insert ran about NISA and Falcom delaying Hajimari for 2-3 years to bring the damn crossbell games and nayuta instead

3 Likes

Iā€™m delaying my playthrough of CS 3 and 4 till 2022 due to the fact Hajimari wonā€™t release till 2023. Less of a gap between games that way.