XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

1 Like

Hmmm Iā€™m at the mission Nexus, so still wanna see how all the characters play out. But from how much Iā€™ve played, I think the Weapon is cute and refreshing but a tad more marvel quippy than I would have liked lmao.

But I have some thoughts on the Pilot for now.

The Pilot, well I think from how much Iā€™ve played, his constant anxiety is very understandable from the start but it gets a bit too grating the more you go the more grating he gets. Like we get it fam, shitā€™s just not right for you, Chief keeps ignoring your calls for restraint and retreat. Like I get it, but itā€™s this constant ā€œno, no, no, no. This canā€™t be. Noooo, you canā€™t do this. Iā€™m gonna lose it right nowā€.

All of this eventually leads to a self-loathing ā€œepisodeā€ he has where he goes on about how heā€™s trash, that Chief should just leave him behind, etc. This moment felt a bit hollow because we werenā€™t quite shown why he would be feeling that way in that moment. Weā€™re just meant to feel for him regarding this new side of him cuz there was never a moment where Pilot failed during the game up to that point. Maybe there could have been an instance in the actual game itself where he had an important part in one of the missions you were in but he fucks up massively, but you still make it out. At that point his anxiety would be compounded against this self-loathing and make it really bad and really understandable why he would feel that way, but it would then be Chiefā€™s job to console him and mention how mistakes happen, people fail others, how he failed Cortana, but amidst all this, they canā€™t lose hope and so on. Both Chief and Weapon would then be there for him at that moment, that would have been more powerful where all three characters would have growth in their relationships and narrative.

Watched the first 3 parts of the Power On doc. Was really eye opening and oddly honest for the type of documentary it is.

3 Likes

Really great documentary. I sat through all three episodes.

1 Like
14 Likes

Iā€™m surprised to see that theyā€™re going to acknowledge Xbox One infamous ā€œTV TV TV.ā€ It sounds like the kind of thing you sweep under a rug and just say ā€œXbox One didnā€™t sold as strong but goodā€ and thatā€™ll be the end of it. Looking forward to that aspect soon. So far, Iā€™m really liking this documentary.

1 Like

Boy oh boy do I hate difficulty spikes.

For the past few days I have been greatly enjoying Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, not too hard but neither insanely easy, really nice. Then comes the actual last level with boss, the actual impossible lair and while not impossible it really IS way too hard after having been such a mostly relaxing experience.

I was curious and Googled it, turns out many people experienced it exactly like that too. Fuck this difficulty spike. Not sure Iā€™ll be able to finish it before the 15th when it leaves Game Pass.

2 Likes

Mhm, hate that stuff.

Yeah, there are some games out there that pull that shit. Such a shame because everything else about this game is just super doable, very chill and fun to play and then comes this. Apparently it used to be even harder. Before they released a patch for it there was no checkpoint at all, crazy, truly.

1 Like

Wow, yeah no I canā€™t with that crap. I see nothing fun in it, at all. You want to waste my time? Fine, uninstall.

2 Likes

The thing that prompted his reaction was that he hid and took himself off radar so no one could find him, assuming chief was going to die. He also said before this he went through 3 separate pelicans. But found them all ripped to shreds and helpless, to me, this seemed like a direct parallel to his friends and family who he left behind at the infinity and died. He wanted to use his skills as an engineer but couldnā€™t even do that, he felt totally powerless.

Edit: blurred possible spoiler

Got my FF14 Mount finally! 100% Worth the wait.

3 Likes

The Xbox documentary series is out! Excited to watch it.

Itā€™s also translated to most languages, which is so nice to see :+1:

9 Likes

Someone can explain me why (and this is only the last of a very long list) Xbox uploads YT videos so late for many big 3rd party games:

This one is particularly hilarious, considered where the game was revealed, lol, 2 days after is incomprehensible. I doubt Sony has the right of first upload (considering IGN and Gamespot uploaded it immediately, like the official Bandai Namco channel), so this is only a matter of low resources and poorly handled YT channel, which is evident in many aspects. This is ultimately damaging, because on YT, the first to upload generally ā€œwinsā€, even if the channel is small, so a more timely approach could bolster Xbox on social media, which is key this day and age (the proof is Space Marine 2, Xbox loaded it immediately and it has more than double the views of the same video of PS channel).

This is even worse on regional channels, where Xbox loads videos erratically and often weeks late, lol. Itā€™s clearly a budget constraint area.

1 Like

The Switch is insane

1 Like

jesus H christ

6 Likes

Xbox was #2 behind Switch

6 Likes

Cant wait for the spin on this tho there is none lol.

More Series S stock most likely

3 Likes
For the important holiday-shopping week of Thanksgiving, which includes Black Friday, Nintendo Switch was also the top-selling video game console, with nearly 550,000 systems sold.
Crazy they sold half the units in one week.
2 Likes