XboxEra Community Hangout |OT5| Season of the Infinite.. Arguments

Goes from 78GB to 40GB in terms of file size, now that is really nice. Are these perhaps results of new compression tech by MS? Halo also being so small.

Wow, thatā€™s a big difference. Nice stuff

I think itā€™s the engines themselves getting more efficient.

Warframe recently did a similar thing

Yes, but they donā€™t have to be ā€œin your faceā€ like them. Itā€™s like how they show off PS4 controller to be used for xcloud in the Japanese ad. You donā€™t have to say anything, just show it and let us interpret it.

Edit: Ah yes. He does have class indeed.

Not quite. Their wording was a bit odd, but if you look at these you will see the final install size and the savings to be had:

Disc space used after installing 1.4.1

• PC ~77GB
  • PS4 ~75GB
  • PS5 ~77GB
  • Xbox One ~63GB
  • Xbox Series X/S ~72GB

Disc space saved after rebase

• PC ~34GB
  • PS4 ~30GB
  • PS5 ~13GB
  • Xbox One ~30GB
  • Xbox Series X/S ~44GB

The download sizes are a different matter, where PS5 downloads only 40 GB patch to land at 77 GB after the update. But Xbox Series downloads 71 GB patch to land as 72 GB after the update.

1 Like

So Xbox is smaller file size :eyes:

Maybe thereā€™s some PS-Exclusive outfits like zumba Spider-Manā€¦

4 Likes

There are a bunch games smaller on Xbox but I never saw someone write an article or concern troll troll about it lol

Really?

Just goes to show you.

People scream from the mountaintop about ā€œThe Krakenā€ or ā€œThe Oodleā€ or some shit whenever thereā€™s a file size difference between Xbox and PS5 in favor of PS5 but this is news to me.

1 Like

Nobody has yet to prove Kraken is a thing

Yes but admittedly less than overall games that are smaller on PS5 (that we know of either, anyway).

The thing is people thought that only PS5 can have that, tech wise, and thatā€™s not correct. When people forget things like the shared game packages on Xbox.

Either in the game world or in the world of US Politics!

:doge:

If a game is smaller in size and has near instant load screen on PS5 I think thatā€™s a giveaway that it uses something on PS5, whether thatā€™s Kraken or something else like an API.

I think Insomniac confirmed its used for Ratchet.

No thatā€™s only possible on the mighty PS5. KRAKEN!! :muscle:

2 Likes

So what creates all those Tempests then???

2 Likes

So good. :ok_hand:t5:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Same for me but I actually do prefer the Xbox One directional pad over Series X.

Horizon II: Forbidden West looking awesome!!! Canā€™t wait to once again destroy some machines!!!