XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

Etsy: https://tinyurl.com/y97ebhcr

1 Like

add this to your original post. Best to include this when you are posting these beautiful shots of your products. Cheers.

3 Likes
4 Likes

So whats next from Crytek ? Crysis 4 , Crysis Battle Royale or Ryse 2 ?

I hope for a Ryse 2 game with more time being allotted and a bigger budget.

2 Likes

Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered are 30% off at the moment. I just bought 2. It was too tempting.

2 Likes

I’ve seen these, fucking LOVE em lol.

Also have you seen the song video based on Sekiro? It’s :goat: tier

You can see that the people who made this video really KNOW the game inside out, cuz just casual people who did one single playthrough wouldn’t have paid attention to a lot of things the video subtly references.

3 Likes

:joy: Yeah I remember this one lmao, lol. Yes indeed you have to play the game and pay attention to the details like you used to play fromsoft games to understand all the jokes references. Not everyone can understand everything by a single playthrough. I love these videos too.

There are also other parodies made by other channels in the same vein like Monster Hunter, Metal Gear Solid don’t know if you saw them.

1 Like

When Saints Row 2 came out (2009?) I jumped on to some coop on the first day and randomly played with this guy for about 30 minutes. He left the game and then added me and I accepted the request. He still remains on my friends list to this day despite the fact that was the only time we ever played a game together. We never once exchanged messages or spoke haha! It’s cool because he’s still active on Xbox even to this day. I see him online basically daily since that time. It’s funny because I doubt he even remembers how i ended up on his friend list this but i do.

2 Likes

Lead Combat Designer at inXile.

7 Likes

Cryze Showdown

1 Like

All these devs Microsoft bought, massively growing their teams; buying nice new studios; putting much more budget in to their games; taking their time with them; putting things back in they previously thought they would have to cut

Makes me wonder…what the fuck were Colin Moriarty and Dustin Furman ranting about? ???

Sorry to bring up old crap, but man did they go out of their way to ignore half a decade, so they could blast Microsoft for old shit they have not only undone, but obliterated with how they handle studios now

9 Likes

@Staffy This one is for you bud lol

10 Likes

Whose cute dog is this? Jez? He looks perplexed - why are they using me like the Kinect? LOL

1 Like

Don’t know but this dog seems really helpful and cute haha beautiful creature.

3 Likes

Probably because streaming music is not that profitable or maybe because Sony was too early to market or something. Anyway Sony has much stronger foundation in media. If it had the same coffers as MS it would be incredible fascinating.

To not prolong this conversation, they didn’t know what they were talking about at all. Sometimes its okay to keep quiet about things you’re uninformed on.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not looking to simply sling mud and console war. But in the context of acknowledging what Microsoft is actually doing, I think it’s fine to point out how it flies in the face of bad faith criticisms levied against them

Especially from well known media people like that

When I started typing about the things they’ve helped these developers do, it just lept to mind what a massive retort that is to what those guys said and I just had to bring it up

2 Likes

Unfortunately a few Xbox console warriors slightly edited the video and shared it on Twitter so instead of addressing their mistakes they doubled down and played the victim. Anyways, let’s move on.

1 Like

Some of these conversations in the gaming world are quite crazy. Two angry men talking on a podcast about thing they don’t like, and even more - without knowing what the world has been doing the last 10 odd years. If you understand acquisitions - that is not the kind of discussion to have.

Also, on the topic of the state of the art in relationship building - Acquisitions are not defined by Sony’s way of doing things. That would have been a 90s way of doing acquisitions.

Nowadays, the culture has flipped - if you are being hired or acquired, the question that is going to be asked is — what can you add to the team and teach the owners . This is the new normal for roughly 10+ years. And the major tech companies know this very well. If you are acquiring a company and there are no new discernable skills or variety being added to the overall collective, then there is something wrong with the acquisition process.

Every acquisition has to drive innovation and the overall skill level of all the studios up a few notches with newer knowledge being part of the shared pool.

This, of course, assumes that culture fit etc have been taken care of.

The amount of money going into each studio that Xbox owns is actually showing through very tangible things like great offices (NT possibly has the jazziest office), and even quality of polish for the games that are coming out. Some like Compulsion having the courage to ask for a higher budget and larger teams along with new office spaces are being okayed, etc.

I actually like this culture as opposed to some of the methods and asset creation outsourcing that is being done on the Sony end. The cinematic pipeline culture is shared there and asset creation pipeline is almost outsourced to Sony Mlalaysia.

The difference here is that XBox the learning is actually more - ahem - organic and bottom-up with the creatives interacting with each other and helping out as opposed to a diktat across studios to adopt one template or the other. This in the world of team building is the state of the art.

PS - Most of this change in hiring and acquisitions was brought about by Apple, MS, FB and Google’s way of thinking and hiring. Especially Sergey Brin of Google made the hiring different by asking interviewees to teach him something new in every interview. And Google and Apple buying stuff like Youtube and some unheralded chip maker respectively - who is now making Ax and M1 chips.

9 Likes