XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

There are plenty of games with killing civilians (including this one) and children being killed (TLOU series etc).

1 Like

:star_struck::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

And I agree about PETA. Years ago I thought they were doing amazing things but it’s true that they are often full of shit too.

I also remember they made a huge commotion about Mario’s tanooki suit…

I mean…

Some things bother some people more than others & it can’t ever just get left at that.

@Staffy is clearly an animal lover & only wanted to say “Eh, I ain’t feeling this cock fighting shit in the new Far Cry.” Of course other people can’t just let him have that personal emotional reaction & gotta be like “But waddabout…” Then we somehow get to black on black crime :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Their animal shelters have some of the worst kill rates in the world, terrible organization. As far as cockfighting goes yes it’s horrific, but I also murdered about 300 guard dogs in this game too. We are desensitized to the truly horrific violence we commit in games, so I’m not going to grandstand about roosters fighting each other like it’s tekken.

1 Like

I think something we can all agree on is fuck peta.

Because seriously, man, fuck peta :fu:

5 Likes

whats wrong with a game about drug dealers ? Isn’t GTA 6 heavily rumored to be one ?

Probably about Avowed

See, those are things I can appreciate. They have it in there, you don’t take part in them and your “good deed” basically is shutting it down, I like that. It’s certainly what I would expect from Ubi too after that Watch Dogs 2 mission, but being able to let your chicken fight is definitely not what I expected.

Yep, some things I rather just not see in games, it’s a very real thing in life, should be illegal, crazy enough apparently isn’t illegal everywhere. When it comes to dogs, they are my life. The breed I have sadly it’s image has been damaged badly because of dog fights, because of wrong people deciding to go for this breed and abuse it, or letting it loose on cats and what not. My dog, it’s the kindest soul you can imagine.

That’s fucking horrible, crazy that they still can exist. You’d think they would have been investigated by now.

As for the chicken fights as a Tekken parody, well I just hope they let it stay like that and not introduce dog fighting in future games or whatsoever. Because at that point it becomes glorifying of a horrific real life blood sport and it should never be glorified nor supported.

3 Likes

It’s often in this circuit where dog fighting takes place. But I don’t think Rockstar will do that.

oh you meant in that sense . :+1:

1 Like

man I hope so . I’m fucking starved out here .

2 Likes

Avowed can’t be ‘little bit’

“Little bit” of info about Avowed. That’s how I see it.

is this " the content " ?

I think Jez last week said it would be in the coming weeks, so Avowed probably ain’t it today.

No I don’t think so but I can already feel the disappointment and despair in your question :joy:

1 Like

I agree completely. Ubisoft should tell PETA to fuck off in my opinion. The cockfighting is actually more fun and entertaining than the actual game is at times. lol

The best part is that for some odd reason, people always want to take video games seriously as if it’s reality when it’s not. It’s interactive entertainment, no more and no less. PETA is shit in general and they should go after those that do this stuff in reality as opposed to a video game.

1 Like

Ironically today in my home country the federal court just denied a legal resource keeping Cockfights illegal as they are supposed to be since last year. Sadly they will still happen underground since this is used to launder money, etc lol.