XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

also if this off topic sorry mods i was just sad to the thread i usually lurk on their is basically gone

I want to know what the fuck happened, that thread was actually useful for tracking how Xbox is doing in Japan.

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like

Tbh, Deathā€™s Door is my current GOTY, Xbox has a massive w having gotten that as a launch exclusive. Although Iā€™m excited to play Kena, I donā€™t think is gonna come close, but Iā€™m open to it. I think both Xbox and Sony have been investing in indies heavily, but thatā€™s been always true for Xbox, playstation is trying to get better on that front which is objectively a good thing. Pathless, Chicory, F.I.S.T, Kena, Stray, Sifu, etc. Thatā€™s a good lineup.

1 Like

basically a series of trolls have been posting the same thing for like a year even though there is evidence to the contrary and then one of the mods didnā€™t like how the op of the Media Create was saying about a quote from a presentation and that he should learn the language and read the book about it and the mod was being condescending about it and more trolls started drive bying the thread and the OP caught a one day ban and regulars were getting hit with bans from that one mod while the trolls who were attacking the thread were left unchecked and the moderation team with there bad timing put out a guideline that looks like it appease the trolls more and does not help the regulars who have been there for the longest

1 Like

What was the posting? Was it about Playstation or Nintendo?

and the OP of the thread is basically done with it all and some of the regulars who didnā€™t get ban will leave and just probably lurk from now on even the person who did the NPD threads once a month says he not doing it anymore

1 Like

This is the best acqusition Xbox ever made they probably make back that 2.5 billion they spent on Mojang 10 times over by now wow what a steal that was.

Tala Fustok designs Ninja Theory office to entice employees into workplace (dezeen.com)

1 Like

Good summary.

Iā€™m dumpster diving right now, but not in the way @ProgStopper does. Itā€™s a genuine dumpster fire and a lesson on how not to moderate.

If anyone wants to dive through it, start around page 21 (Sunday Post #1006) to get all the ambience. Around post #1211 is the New Guidelines. All hell breaks out after that.

1 Like

My evening is booked.

2 Likes

Media Create threads are a discussion about japan and how gaming companies are doing there and the sales from stores so when a trolls comes in and says that japan doesnā€™t matter when Playstation are doing better worldwide but the trolls missed the point in that playstation physical sales donā€™t match their sales of the system like the ps5 in japan has sold like one million but the physical disk sales were so low like the highest for the ps5 was not even close to 100,000 likely even less.

So the consoles are being sold, but nobody is buying the games?

essentially yes but some of the regulars that were there basically think it was being scalped to other countries since if it wasnā€™t being scalped the physical sales would be higher

1 Like

Deathā€™s Door is that good huh? I havenā€™t played it yet.

As for Kena, I just love the look of it, especially those visuals man. For Xbox I really want to play a game that looks visually amazing, FH5 is coming soon, so thatā€™s great. But so far not a whole lot of games have visually wowed me, MSFS of course but itā€™s not something I play much, honestly uninstalled it because I really needed the space.

AC Valhalla had its moments but Iā€™m absolutely in need of a game that is great to play and also looks fantastic. Itā€™s coming, but the wait is real, for something from the new studios.

1 Like

Man I gotta read this thread because it all sounds very confusing.

So some people think the consoles are being scalped and then bans happend?

no but things have been bubbling for a while and came to a head when one mod basically didnā€™t like how the OP of the thread was saying things and saying he should learn Japanese and read the book and they were arguing back in forth then the OP was caught with a One day ban and regulars too have been hit with a ban and the thread was locked and the mod team put out a piss poor guideline at the same time as the OP was banned and now the One mod of who was doing all the bans has been exposed for basically trying to ban the specific OP and was found out because he was in a Resident Evil discord and was basically cheering that he got to ban the OP and someone from the discord took a screenshot of his conversation. So the one MOD is now being investigated by the other mods from this information that was shared.

3 Likes

so in summary

The Media Create problem is basically that the MC thread has had a troll problem for months/years, and it was always framed in a way that was deniable to moderation standards, so reporting usually didnā€™t do much

The OP of the MC threads had been getting less patient with the situation for the past few months, and that came to a head when he disagreed with a mod (who, it appears, may have been making fun of Chris behind his backā€”and the rest of the MC thread, tooā€”on Discord)

Chris ate a one day ban, new rules were set up that didnā€™t address the problem that regulars had been seeing for months, and now a bunch of MC regulars, including Chris, are peacing out

1 Like

Jesus, what a clusterfuck. Glad this will never be a worry here.

5 Likes

Try to keep off site dramaā€¦ off site

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

7 Likes