XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

Andromeda plays so much better than any of the previous games that it simply doesn’t work, as a comparison.

3 Likes

Got this flaming take post ME Legendary Edition playthrough that ME2 is the worst game in the og trilogy

Sipping Boba Fett GIF

GIF by ABC Network

1 Like

This Is True The Truth GIF by Markpain

1 Like

Combat is the only improvement imho, that is not what makes Mass Effect special though. You are not supposed to actively dislike or want to kill your companions or laugh at the dialogue or cringe at the highschool fan-fictionesque characters.

I think the comparison holds, The Hobbit was silly, bloated and cringeworthy.

2 Likes

Anyway shameless plugging once again my lone thread contribution to this website

1 Like

Will it be like going into a psycho stalkers secret room with pictures all over, eyes cut out of ME2 and love hearts all around Andromeda?

1 Like

Time to shamelessly confess that I have never particularly ever cared for Garrus as a companion.

Wtf man.

PS Plus actually gets the brand new WW2 shooter Hell let Loose for free, it’s literally releasing on that day too.

Seeing stuff like this really makes me wish Xbox actually did something with GwG because I don’t think anyone can deny it’s not… great.

GwG is a smaller title and good BC program. It’s an extra, the main thing is Game Pass and GwG’s tiny budget is not taking away from that.

3 Likes

GwG had that really good month in February but other than that its an after thought. Id stop expecting anything good from it month in and out.

1 Like

Yeah, guess I’ll just have to accept that. Hopefully with Game Pass we’ll come to a point that a brand new AAA release is there on day one. For a while now it’s been mostly smaller indie games.

For example it would have been great to have had Insurgency Sandstorm on Game Pass day one.

Hell Lets Loose isn’t a AAA title, it’s from the creators of Squad. It’s solid but it’s not some huge budget thing.

Pain and Suffering

Hmm, I stand corrected.

But it’s cool that it’s releasing on their service on day one. We have seen that for a few indie titles on Game Pass too, haven’t we? Artful Escape I think was and also the upcoming Echo Generation next month.

Coming out with the spicy takes today aren’t you :grin:.

1 Like

Day one indies? I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was nearing 100 on game pass for those :doge:

4 Likes

We see several every month.

2 Likes

I actually agree; it doesn’t have the narrative chops of the first in the series (there were no “Sovereign isn’t a ship, it’s a Reaper” reveal - an actual sentient machine species that until that point were ambiguous bogeyman) and it doesn’t have the RPG/gameplay flourishes of the third. It also has the absolute worst ending mission/boss of the trilogy. I’m sorry but I’ve always wondered what people are thinking when they say 2 is the best… it’s barebones from an RPG standpoint (which was the anti-Bioware epitome), it’s structure and level design was the most linear and claustrophobic (there were almost no optional areas to explore that weren’t just a couple “hallways” strewn together), and its entire storyline’s stakes were so small and non-intergalactic compared to the others.

The only pain I see is you using light mode

2 Likes