XboxEra Community Hangout |OT4| Meat Circus

5 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Someone ban this mad man!

2 Likes

That podcast that Phil is on at the end of the month. Isn’t he on that with the Take Two CEO that said a negative thing about subscription services? If so then if the person doesn’t ask “What do you think about Gamepass?” to the Take two guy whilst Phil is there then we miss out on an ironic moment lol

YHMAH Presents: A Halo MCC MP Community Night on September 9th, 2021 - Gaming - XboxEra

We’re going to have a community halo mcc stream next thursday, if you’re interested just let us know in that thread.

4 Likes

I wasn’t talking about you

1 Like

It is good that we do not agree on everything, Jesse. Would have been a bit weird tbh.

I love achievements! They have made me try different things in games like playstyles, classes or what have you, brought me out of my comfort zone. Also, I’m crazy about collectibles, so satisfying! Achievements brings me a lot of extra joy in my gaming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NIS president mentioned Xbox in a new interview, though not in a good way…

Don’t hold your breath for an Xbox version, however, as Niikawa says that even though NIS is keeping an eye out for new platforms to bring the series to, “because of how challenging the Xbox market is in Japan, we have had some difficulty there.”

Bruh, I don’t think they’ve ever even made an Xbox game… What difficulty was there? Though I guess this isn’t surprising. NIS is even losing interest in Playstation. When they brought Disgaea 6 to the West they didn’t even localize the PS version. Some believe that was because they thought it wouldn’t sell, though others think it’s because Sony wouldn’t allow it without changes.

Another new NIS game that just skipped PS was “Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 1” which is a collection of ports of some of their old PS2 games. The collection is Switch exclusive.

2 Likes

Man, we really ain’t getting anything NIS on Xbox anytime soon like this…

Unless, Phil comes in personally with that big check…

1 Like

Kingdom of Amalur cant be bad for $10 cant it

The crappy thing about no NIS is that it probably means no NISA either, and they publish way more JP games than just NIS’s games. (Falcom games for example, NIS has nothing to do with them but NISA publishes them for the West)

1 Like

Gotta hand one thing to Sony…

They get Gold Medals in obfuscation of bad news with good news.

This whole Horizon II thing is nearly completely drowned out or lessened by the excitement of the PlayStation Event and other tidbits.

People will defend it because they’re too excited about seeing God of War next week.

Whenever Xbox drops “Bad news” it goes over like a lead balloon because they never pepper it with anything.

1 Like

I think there are bigger priorities over there, such as getting full support from major publishers. Every major japanese publisher doesn’t release all its games on Xbox like western ones, even MS biggest allies (obviously in these cases the games are very niche and it’s understandable).

Bandai Namco: all major games, some niche games skips Xbox (Gundam Games, some no-mainstream anime adaptation, etc…).

SEGA: all major games from core arm, nothing from Atlus since Xbox 360, some niche games from SEGA itself skips Xbox (Sakura Wars, etc).

Capcom: all major games (outside the known SFV ordeal), some niche games skips Xbox (latest Ace Attorney).

And these are the best supporting publishers, then we have:

Square Enix, all major games from western arm, big hit and miss from eastern arm (the whole FF issue, DQ is just arrived), almost nothing from their niche games pipeline (Saga, Mana, etc).

Konami: PES is the last big games they make, then collection and remaster are mostly ported over (I’m not listing Konami among best supporters only because they mostly do mobile and non gaming things).

Koei Tecmo: Team Ninja is a hit and miss since Itagaki departure, Omega Force is fully supporting (even the recent Samurai Warriors), Gust not al all, some nicher games skip the platform (Romance of the three kingdoms, Nobunaga ambition, etc…).

I won’t analyze middle tier publishers, because it would be a bloodbath. It’s for these reasons I don’t see NIS as a huge problem.

4 Likes

There are two things certain people enjoy talking about the most: PS Good News and Xbox Bad News.

3 Likes

Also it’s a little annoying that all day I’ve been seeing hype tweets from VGC, Sony employees and more, yet whever Xbox tweets about an event it’s always “temper your expectations”.

Sony let’s their fan dream their wildest dreams, and all we ever get is Aaron “Temper Your Expectations” Greenburg.

2 Likes

But in other news, Shang-Chi is fuckin’ great.

That’s because when Sony doesn’t deliver, people pretend they did anyway.

When Xbox doesn’t deliver, people like you behave, well, like you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

Hey I’ve been mostly behaved recently, thank you very much.

1 Like

new title time

7 Likes