XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

You definitely sound less enthusiastic about Rift Apart now that you played it, I remember that you were hyped for this game and expected something impressive and truly next gen in the “GoW and GT7 are Cross-gen” thread when we talked about the game a few weeks back. I even made you shake your head with my grumpy non-sense if you remember when I wrote that it didn’t look anything special! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess the lesson to be learned here for all of us is taking all the hype that the publishers sell to us (and especially Sony since they are the undisputed masters of BS) with a HUGE grain of salt.

Also Jaffe is such a worthless clown…smh

Rule no.1: Don’t let reviews turn you off. :stuck_out_tongue:

Joking aside the game is a cinematic puzzle/platformer in the style of Limbo/Another World e.t.c. so how bad can it be? I’ll definitely try this one out since I love this genre.

Overall it’s not a bad month for GwG…Planet Alpha looks interesting, Conker is fuckin’ great and the Midway Arcade collection is also welcome. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Lmao

Rift Apart is an 8.5/10 to a 9/10 game. It’s a great/excellent game and easily the best game I have played this year and rates only behind Immortals Fenyx Rising and Miles Morales for me since both consoles launched.

The quality is easily there. Visuals are superb, great audio, excellent gameplay and combat with a good story and characters that was enjoyable. I bought it day one for $70. Rift Apart is an excellent 30 hour game that was very well paced for the most part and is one of the very few if not only “kids rated E platformer” that I will always play because first and foremost, the quality is there and second, it has other gameplay elements like melee combat, shooting, exploration and puzzles. Looking forward to the next Ratchet (or Rivet) game and that will be day one guaranteed.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Seems like something Sony would partner up with .

Well MS had a deal with the first Mass Effect, maybe they could do something together again.

1 Like

I expect that non-announcement announcement any day now, followed by the subsequent “This is why this is better than acqusitions/Bethesda” posts on Twitter and OtherERA!

Yeah, and He literally worked for MS before returning to Bioware, So surely still has contacts MS side more than Sony.

2 Likes

Dont wanna be that guy but Casey Hudson’s last good game was delivered like a decade ago in ME3 and the most recent one was Anthem.

I wouldn’t blame him with Anthem, I’m sure he didn’t return to Bioware until after that game was out. Edit, sorry, he returned in 2017 and Anthem released in 2019.

To be Fair Anthem was a case of corpos meddling too much with the game design. They wanted to be GaaS.

1 Like

So Remedy will be Indi for a good while.

It was my understanding it was actually the other way around, this was on Bioware.

3 Likes

No Anthem was more a case of Bioware being a disaster and wasting 6 years worth of dev time.

3 Likes

Bioware took out flying and EA told them to put it back in like a year and a half before release lmao.

Anyway article here

It’s a story of a video game that was in development for nearly seven years but didn’t enter production until the final 18 months, thanks to big narrative reboots, major design overhauls, and a leadership team said to be unable to provide a consistent vision and unwilling to listen to feedback.

4 Likes

Yep, there it is.

I think Casey has a good working relation with MS. Wouldn’t find it very odd if there were some talks between Casey and MS

2 Likes

I think he has a decent relationship with Microsoft… After all he was employed as a creative director between 2015-2017…

2 Likes

People will never get tired of pushing that extremely false narrative will they?