XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Honestly I’m looking forward to play Rock of Ages 2 and Planet Alpha is a very easy 1000g game.

1 Like

I don’t know man, Planet Alpha looks rather good! Rock of Ages could be fun. If I had not finished Conker already when the Rare collection came out it would have been nice too. the last one is alright I guess.

It’s Rock of Ages 3 actually, not 2.

2 Likes

TIL there is a third game :phil_lmao:. Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Actually not that bad.

I’ll take a collection of classic Midway games anytimes.

Wonder if Matt :peach: is listed in the credits because he use to work at Midway/WB Games.

1 Like
13 Likes

Weak lineup for Gold next month :frowning: I was interested in Planet Alpha, but the review on trueachievements is really turning me off.

I don’t understand what he means…XD

At first, he spellt the studio’s name wrong, Hourmarque.

1 Like

Maybe Phil was signing his own LOIs for other studios and got confused when writing the tweet.

5 Likes

75% of Sony’s studios were ACQUIRED. LOL. SMH.

Personally, I want both Microsoft and Sony to acquire development studios and publishers. More so Microsoft because I would get the games for a $10 monthly rental via Game Pass but at the same time, if Sony was to acquire for example, Square Enix, I wouldn’t complain…in fact, I would be thrilled because their games can finally get to that next level that they haven’t had since the SquareSoft days.

Either way, I win. lmao. :joy:

1 Like

Sony acquisition means 80€ for each game and no pc port for some time, if ever. I would not rejoice for a Sony acquisition of a multiplatform dev or pub, it would really take the game from people, they are not offering games on pc (with crossbuy) and cloud through a sub.

4 Likes

I understand this point in general but obviously, I was talking about myself personally. I would like to see Microsoft acquire Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal from Square Enix but that’s highly unlikely. The main thing for me is that I know Sony would make these studios and their Japanese studios far better than what they currently are. Also, I have always owned multiple consoles since the SNES/GEN generation so any acquisition that Sony (or Microsoft) makes is a positive for me.

1 Like

Great comment, and I’m sorry you got banned for it; goes to show how in-deep some of the mods/communities are around the net. FTR, Todd Howard even mentioned how Morrowind was a make or break moment, and it was Xbox’s support that helped make it the success it was (and ultimately saved the company).

13 Likes

I don’t really understand why people here would even want to visit and participate in communities like that.

2 Likes

Another month of Shovelware with Gold!

Same! We’ve got a great family here that welcomes everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sometimes you run the risk of becoming too insulated in these sorts of communities as well, so I usually enjoy the wider perspective.

2 Likes

Until it exists, they have to give away some games, they are clearly not the focus anymore, I wonder when Gold will be axed, next year? 2023? I hope sooner than later, it would be a very big competitive advantage, PS3 recouped partially thanks to free online, even if it was garbage.

1 Like