XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

To manufacture an Xbox right now is to produce a guaranteed instant sale. Don’t trust unconfirmed reported numbers without some critical thinking. Here is where I think the narrative started; early Twitter said take the reported PS5 sales and subtract 1 million and you will have the Xbox numbers. People have been using that as their formula to guess the numbers ever since.

Look it really is as simple as this. Both consoles are sold out. Of course they are tied. Why would Xbox not make as many consoles as PlayStation? … it makes no sense.

Lovely news. Congrats, bud. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The amount you make is based on the amount you forecast to move. Nobody wants stock sitting around in warehouses.

With the shortage, they got fewer than they wanted.

Doubt it, as Phil is on record saying even if they sell more they are never going to disclose console numbers as that is not going to be a metric they will ever follow.

Console sales make a lot of sense for traditional media, but a services focused company has to tear themselves away from it. It has to be a very different kind of thinking.

6 Likes

But they were forecasting an Xcloud expansion so they were going to need far more chips than Sony. How do you account for that?

An xcloud expansion does not result in more units than the market leader coming off of one of their best generations ever.

Yes it does. The expansion was public knowledge.

Since they aren’t going to release the numbers anymore a lot of people will of course use that as a vehicle to sell whatever narrative they want to sell, especially folks still invested in console warz, but it should be of no concern to anyone who isn’t still caught up in that nonsense.

4 Likes

And yet the narrative persists even here. I just find the whole thing so strange. Both consoles sellout instantly but somehow one console sells millions more than the other? At the very least it was a topic worth discussion because I feel people are ignoring the obvious and instead listening to gaming media hacks or using the past generation to predict the future generation when the story is yet to be written.

2 Likes

Keep the hope alive

I play it off and on if you want to add me. Just started TVHM with Moze and need to get back into it if you want to add me

Rngesus37

Console shortage won’t end until next year or longer. When exactly is PlayStation going to start walking away with this? Both consoles sell instantly.

COMING TO ALL PLATFORMS

check again

Fuck you, NIS.

12 Likes

I think it’s more suggesting that it will release on all the platforms at the same time, though it’s still exceptionally shit and another sign of the sorry state of Xbox dev support in Japan.

I’m not the biggest Trails fan, but I really hate seeing Xbox fans being the red headed stepchild yet again because of their preferred platform.

3 Likes

They are just leaving money on the table at this point since Xbox would pay to have these in Gamepass console and PC. Sega is figuring it out with Yakuza but getting Japanese developers into Xbox seems to be a slow process, it’s almost like they don’t like money.

4 Likes

Yea its bullcrap you can’t say every platform but omit one its hypocritical period

7 Likes

It’s 100% NISA though. Falcom published Ys Origins themselves on Xbox, but as soon as publishing was taken over by NISA they dropped all support for the platform.

It’s bullshit because it only happens to Xbox and it’s just accepted. Imagine the outcry if Western third party devs routinely skipped only PlayStation. That obviously would never happen as the platform is popular, but it didn’t start that way, it was given time to grow and for gamers to have confidence the games they want would come.

Game Pass should make a difference but some of these companies, like NISA, hold grudges that are almost certainly grounded on institutional racism.

5 Likes

Welp I think those images made NISA’s stance pretty clear. They do not even consider Xbox a platform.

Absolutely hyped to play Reverie and Nayuta on my PC… in 2 years (I played the fan translations for Zero and Azure already, which is what they are using for these releases). But I think not having Falcom games on game pass (and instead on Stadia grrrr…) is a very missed opportunity. I think Ys VIII especially would actually be a very popular Game Pass addition with it’s fun fast paced action combat and low barrier of entry (can just jump into this entry).

At least now I know I’m good to buy Cold Steel 3 and 4 in the Steam summer sale (I still have CS2 to get through too lol)

The only solution: xbox should buy falcom in revenge to damage NIS /s

1 Like

Incorrect. Ys Origin was published by Dotemu on Xbox (and was submitted through Id@Xbox)

1 Like