XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Because his own snooze fest was any good? Hah. That and the constant attention seeking and trying to make everything be a part of his summer even when it clearly isn’t is just sad. I don’t know why he’s encouraged tbh.

Xbox was freaking awesome, Nintendo will be great and the rest was about on par with his own show or better. E3 is great fun, Geoff is not.

13 Likes

No man, I think he’s talking about how COVID fucked up the gaming industry abiltity to make games. I remember when SGF opening happened he was like “Be kind, COVID impacted the gaming industry hard”

I think that’s what he’s referring to @javycane

I remember seeung that

1 Like

I think that’s what he was talking about.

Yea which he’s absolutely right I have no problem with that tweet

Ok, so I have been watching a lot of reactions to the Xbox show and whilst most reactions have been positive there is one thing that bothers me… a lot. There are so many of these streamers or whatever you want to call them who are completely clueless about so many things. They don’t know studios, timelines, which games are healthy or not, they don’t know what has been showed before, what is new, which platforms things are on or not and on it goes… And it’s not just about Xbox specific things either. How the f**k does these people have thousands upon thousands of subscribers, followers etc.? It’s truly mind boggling. Why does anyone listen to anything these people say or do? There has been professional streamers who didn’t even know that Xbox made sure everyone could stream without worrying about DMCA… I knew that, me, never streamed a second in my life. These people has it as their job!

Jfc. Humanity is screwed.

6 Likes

If I understood what you were trying to say…

Alot of them are streamers who have podcasts, others are podcasters who do general “geek” stuff style discussions on Marvel movies/shows, Star Wars, pop culture in general. They do gaming because it’s a big pop gaming event.

Others do those “React” video with those over the top thumbnails.

I think the reactions I enjoyed the most have been Xbox Era’s, The Iron Lords and Giantbomb. I watched a few more, but they have all blended together now.

I watched the show myself just with the feed first and have now watched I think 6 reaction videos, I think I like the show more after watching it again and again. That or I am indoctrinated…

1 Like

It was a bit of a rant… I just had to get it off my chest haha.

Clueless people pretending not to be annoys the fuck out of me.

We live in a time where the cult of personality is much more important to a lot of people than factual information and understanding.

4 Likes

Don’t you have some random guy call you out as “I know your not a child” then vanish for months on end when you call them out on their shit. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. Haven’t gotten to The Iron Lords yet, loading that up now.

2 Likes

NGL, I thought for a brief moment there, you wrote “we live in a society”

Mhm, it sucks. Sad, so very sad.

1 Like

Could be worse

Could be YongYea crying about the Ultimate Edition of FH5 giving early access.

Excuse Me What GIF by One Chicago

This is such a nothing burger that idk why that IGN dude brought this up to begin with.

7 Likes

you mean like… every version of every game ever? From Call of Duty to Battlefield, to Forza to Gears to everything?

4 Likes

Oh he will

1 Like

Like they been all day trying to spin that Game Pass users get Forza day 4 instead of 1. Like what.

What the hell is wrong with these people? Is it all console wars? Are they that hurt?

2 Likes

Also fun question:

Do we not get the Ultimate Edtion of FH5 on launch date as GPU members?

I remember when if you were a GPU member, you got ultimate edition Gears 5 on Friday (then the servers broke) and regular GP members got in on Tuesday.

They still doing that?