XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

Like I go in and teammates leave early making me having to try and pull damn near 20 kills a game to try and compete.

Why change what works?

2 Likes

Yep I dealt with that last night a teammate and me pulled together and ended up winning shockingly

I know you didnā€™t ask, but biggest problem I have with the current setup is how much room is taken by pinned posts.

I have an entire screen on pinned posts (yall really need to pin the PS and Games with Gold threads?) and interact with non-xgs/community threads less as a result.

4 Likes

Oh boy bungie up to their old tricks again smh this garbage is why Iā€™m glad they are gone from halo

1 Like

Incredible to play with friends, pretty miserable to play solo.

He is critical of Xbox, Bungie and Activision. Is Bungie threatening to sue him?

Xbox should actually just rehire him for a different studio.

He was always saying that they were more free under Xbox than independent with Activision.

As much as I donā€™t want it to be true, Iā€™m starting to wonder if Marty is actually the problem in these relationships

Not often you hear about score composers having these kids of fallouts with their employers. And heā€™s had a couple of them now

Who knows

No thanks, why fix what isnā€™t broken?

Yes, time to open it up and make this bigger than resetera

So he did get Elden Ring thenā€¦

Of course Marty is the problem.

If you met an asshole once, itā€™s no big deal. If you meet assholes all the time, youā€™re the asshole.

If anything Iā€™m just glad there was confirmation that MS tried to have Elden Ring on their show. It means they arenā€™t doing ā€œevery title you see will be on game pass.ā€ As cool as that is to hear, it also limits 3rd parties they can showcase. 3rd parties can add excitement to a show. I still consider Xbox E3 2018 legendary for having DMC5. And maybe not having Elden Ring can make room for a brand new 3rd party reveal in itā€™s place?

1 Like

So look, the reality is, giant megathreads with folks constantly posting everything in two or three giant buckets is not really the design goal of a platform for the community as a whole. It can be daunting/intimidating for other users. Giant megathreads are also difficult to moderate and keep on topic.

The change Iā€™m proposing isnā€™t going to take theses threads away, but it is going to clean up the overall ā€˜overviewā€™ of the forums to be a little more inviting. You will still be able to go straight to your default view and interact as you do today.

These two get it. :wink:

7 Likes

What is the difference between community and gaming here besides tenure?

I think layout changes are fine for the reasons you just mentuoned. . Donā€™t change things too much.

It is also time for this forum to growup a bit and have direct conversations with Rand, Jez, Jeff, Parris, Danny Pena, Snowbikemike, Miles and the like.

We keep having gossips/meltdowns on rumours rather than discussions with Nick and others who report on it.

3 Likes

I played it a few years ago but it is one of those games that is better with people. I have gone back into it yesterday because it is series X enhanced, so I might persist with it this time.

If you are thinking of playing, maybe we can do some co-op sessions?

interesting. What could it be?

actually nevermind lmfao

Mostly Konami IP if you follow his statements so far.