XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

@Shpeshal_Nick has earned one Golden Fraud ticket today.

Redeemable at such fine websites as ResetERA and GamingLeaksAndRumors subreddit.

7 Likes

So gang, Iā€™m thinking of making some changes to the forum. I know, you fear change.

Just gathering some opinions - new layout:

• Gaming - general news, game OTs etc.
  • Community - Main Community OT, Studios threads (PS/Nintendo/Xbox etc) and any gaming OTā€™s that are older than 3 months.
  • Off-Topic - what it says on the tin.
  • Announcements & Resources.

What do folks think?

2 Likes

iā€™ve been thinking. When do you think xbox one support for Halo Infinite will be dropped?

If it is a 10 year game then that means it being supported till 2031. Now obviously the xbox one wont last till then, so when do you think it will stop.

My guess is after the first complete story expansion/arc. So xbox one will get base game and the first dlc storyline (which my totally uniformed guess would probably be 12-18 months) and then stops getting supported end of 22-mid 23 time

Canā€™t comment on the rest but I would like the Gaming/Community setup to stay the same. Itā€™s all on one page which makes it easier to scroll through.

2 Likes

So I imagine this change would promote more new threads in the gaming side, while moving older threads to the community side as the discussion after 3 months would no longer be about new content/news, and instead general discussion.

I could see these changes potentially being a boon to more OTā€™s instead of everything being covered in the Studios and Community OT, but would probably impact usability and access as there would be more threads and sections to navigate.

I think user opinion is going to be divided depending on how they interact with the forum, whether they prefer to have news and discussion centralized, or if the user finds centralized discussion intimidating as the threads can be very large and move very fast.

Only one way to really find out I guess, but a community poll might be a good indicator of how the community would react.

At this point idgaf that Xbox didnā€™t get Elden Ring on their show lol, the fact that we might finally be seeing it in action at SGF is great news in and of itself for me. Smh rip the BANDAId already.

Washington State Governor Jay Inslee just announced a Covid-19 vaccine lottery and Microsoft is donating ā€œXboxsā€ and ā€œGamePassesā€.

Xbox has a really bizarre pluralization problem. :joy:

5 Likes

I think you should keep community as is. Donā€™t want to spread things to thin.

2 Likes

Oh come on, I just joined recently :sob:

Jokes aside, I think Gaming/Community should stay as it is. Canā€™t comment on the other sub-forums.

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

I just want one thread for everything, and another for people to argue about Halo without me.

1 Like

In a more mature response, things are kind of fine as they are with majority of daily traffic split between XGS and Community threads. I see often that those with the badges lean on the denizens of those holes to start new threads for each new bit of news, but it is seldom the users of the forum who ask for thatā€¦ they seem fine with the megathreads. My two pence.

4 Likes

No

Wanna warn you, I often donā€™t listen to feedbackā€¦ :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

2 Likes

After multiple matches in halo mcc last night of people quitting and seeing complaints as well this needs to be addressed

1 Like

One of the reasons I dont play hard-core on mcc anymore.

Anybody played Warhammer Vermintide 2?

Yea I felt frustrated enough that made a video that got some attention even tagged 343 folk in tweets so hopefully it gets their attention