XboxEra Community Hangout |OT3| Setting Low Expectations

NINTENDO WHO?!

1 Like

Sony is smart with how they try to cater to certain fanbases. PS4 they locked down the fighting game community and soulsborne fans. It is strange that Square is so willing to make their biggest franchise exclusive but oh well.

3 Likes

wasting Team Ninja on FFā€¦

fuck me mood GIF

8 Likes

So thatā€™s what he was talking about with Reddit.

Itā€™s a cool bit of tech that is far too expensive in the UK.

Tbh only Nioh 2 and Bloodborne contributed to PS4ā€™s Soulsborne identity, I would say PC is the biggest fanbase for the Soulslike games and as such I donā€™t see Fromsoft going back to Sony anytime soon cuz they have built a very strong community on PC these past several years.

7 Likes

Yeah, I canā€™t really see whatā€™s so difficult about funding a game from Capcom or any other big publisher for that matter.

Just throw them some money.

Their plan for Japan is bad and/or with minimal expectations, considering they havenā€™t done nothing significant there since the dawn of time. No exclusives games, only marketing for some games (but with like a 10% of the usual Somy strict rules) and no real push for the brand.

Hereā€™s an ideaā€¦ Project Typhoon is a new Dino Crisis game, and the typhoon is a reference to the Hurricane that hits Isla Sorna in the Jurassic Park movie.

Developed by none other than Avalanche.

1 Like

Wasting? This about to be their biggest and best selling game ever if its decent lmaoo.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s it? Another Soulsbourne clone? Was expecting something cool, but nvm I guess

3 Likes

Aside from getting Yakuza on Xbox, the last port of DQ11 and continued Bamco support its still bad.

Like I said if the strategy is to wait for a big fish to come and not work with localizers to patch the library up with the Ys, Ryza, Trails, etc of the world then xbox is not even a serviceable platform for JRPGā€™s.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve read somewhere that From has a 3 game exclusive contract with Sony. Theyā€™ve already done two with making Bloodborne (2015) and DĆ©racinĆ© (2018) and releasing them on PS4 only. There is still one more game left until that contract is complete.

wasting for me, not for them i guess

why should i care about what games sells more again?

1 Like

Yeah, if they cannot convince SE and KT to give full support for whatever reason, next step should be going to small/mid tier devs OR doing something big to damage competition, like they did with Zenimax.

As someone who loves souls bourne games, nioh and xbox this sucks. xbox needs to step it up

2 Likes

Nothing is stopping xbox but lack of interest in funding these type of things.

8 Likes

I hope the Kojima thing is real, otherwise japanese support will continue to be generally bad and subject to publishers whim and/or Sony long hand.

1 Like

Kojima is a big deal but he is a total rockstar and doesnt really make JRPGā€™s does he? Seems more like a brand opportunity to have Kojima on board if anything.

JRPG genre goes beyond Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest (Persona still new and relatively niche compared to these no matter what people will tell you) and xbox is lacking in those middle to upper tier franchises. Like even Luna and Stadia have Ys and Trails but xbox cant?

4 Likes

Wellā€¦ Itā€™s still coming to PC, so thereā€™s that.

Gladly my PC is upgraded and can tank all these new games, even if I plan to play mostly RTSs on it and the rest on Xbox.