XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

But…Halo, Gears, Forza is more variety than what they have lol. Not even including spin offs lol

16 Likes

game → remaster → remake in the span of 5 years sounds like an obsession wtf

4 Likes

Yeah, the remake is really unecessary, just put the remastered version with a frame-rate unlocked and it is good.

1 Like

:skull:

3 Likes

Well I guess that’s the reason Kojima next game is with Xbox huh…

1 Like

So yeah, Sony will be putting their “variety” on moneyhats…

2 Likes

I mean it will keep working for them until their top studios fail to reach previous highs. What happens when you become to over reliant on our top studios and they don’t deliver for the first time, then it starts to fall apart like it did with Xbox to an extent when Gears and Halo couldn’t live up to the predecessors.

Naughty Dog going back to the Uncharted well is the most disappointing thing in that article

8 Likes

I hope that with the potential that gamepass has been showing, moneyhats become so expensive for Sony that they just give up on doing it and find another strategy.

My fear now is that Dragons Dogma 2 is a console exclusive like SF5, or even SF6 is a console exclusive…

1 Like

Remaking TLOU already is such a Sony thing to do lmfao. Milk that cow! The essential closure of Japan Studio was the final nail in the coffin for me. I hate their new (what feels like) outright disdain towards Japanese games. I noticed that on their showcases they will only show what is very popular and “acceptable” in the West from Japan like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy. They don’t want to take any risks whatsoever. Xbox showcases aren’t afraid to show the niche games like Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise, PSO2 and games like that, and that is what won me over with Xbox hard. I also am not a fan of the “cinematic 3rd person” genre, but apparently Sony thinks that is the only thing worth enjoying.

6 Likes

Surprise!!! Sony was a mega corporation out for profit all along! LMAO!

4 Likes

I mean I’m not surprise at all, it is what they have been doing since the release of the Ps4 and the very reason why I not into their ecosystem. They have great 3r person games, and that is it and they seem to be popular, so why exactly they should change if it is working for them? I, for myself, prefer the variety Xbox provides with smaller games over the influx of 3r person games with different make ups. That is just me tho.

What’s cool is the announcement of a new uncharted really. A prequel with sully in the 70’s could be really cool.

So, I assume Sony’s strategy is to focus on their usual AAA games, and buying their ways to time exclusive content. I do feel that is risky because Microsoft went that path and didn’t end well. However, Playstation brand is too strong imo to fall off like that especially since Microsoft doesn’t have that far of a global reach, but I could see some of those gamers migrate over to PC

1 Like

The xbox vision feels like the polar opposite of Playstation vision.

1 Like

On a side note

If you told me out of all the Ubisoft games that dropped last winter that I would enjoy Valhalla the least I would had called you crazy lmao.

Who knows if Sony will be able to do many more deals, especially with MS being hungry as well.

This deal with Sony is nothing new. They’ve been on this pro-western/ignore Japan trend since the start of the PS3.

1 Like

Except for the fact all games would be in the similar genre

Honestly it feels like something is missing with that game, which is weird since I liked Origins and Odyssey a lot