XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

this is not good.

Could have fooled me

2 Likes

I donā€™t really care about jrpgs not my kind of genre but if itā€™s a multi platform dev IT SHOULD BE MULTIPLATFORM NO TIMED EXCLUSIVE BULLSHIT but thatā€™s business for ya and screams volumes to Sonyā€™s attitude towards Xbox they are terrified of an aggressive Microsoft

2 Likes

Why almost only SE makes these deals? There is something more than money, otherwise why SEGA, Bandai and Capcom donā€™t do high profile bullshits like this anymore? I donā€™t think Sony didnā€™t try to moneyhat games from these publishers.

I guess this isnā€™t the way to make them peaceful lol.

Lmao

1 Like

I donā€™t hate it, but I donā€™t care for the franchise either and I think the recent entries are not good at all, there are others jrpgā€™s that are better, IMO.

I no longer consider myself a fan of FF, but itā€™s not because of this timed exclusivity nonsense. I actually played the original FF when it came out on the NES and I immediately fell in love. Even though most of the early titles didnā€™t make it over to the West, FF3(6) and 7 were such incredible games for their time and still fill me with a ridiculous amount of nostalgia. 8 was a terrible game imo and 9 was a return to form but still felt lacking when compared to 6 and 7.

Then SE got rid of Sakaguchi and the franchise has been on a steady decline ever since. FF12 was a FF game in name only and 13 was just a thoroughly terrible game. 15 was kind of the ultimate ā€œFuck Youā€ to traditional FF fans and is where they kind of lost me forever. My interest in the franchise is basically at zero right now.

Yeah yikes for FF Fans on xboxā€¦ i donā€™t see this IP on xbox gen probably until late in this gen.

SE would ask for Much more money from MS i think at that point itā€™s better to just take that money invest in house JRPG title.

I think the simplest answer is that SE management just sucks. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Well, that was the beginning of my reasoning. XD

Anyway, Iā€™m sure that there is more than ā€œSony paid moreā€, 3-4 consecutive high profile games which skip Xbox is like 6th gen, 20 years ago.

that starfield money must have gone to something else, iā€™m personally expecting SF 6 Full exclusive

I pray every night so you can be wrong.

1 Like

This.

1 Like

SF6 is much cheaper than Starfield.

1 Like

I mean, you could be right. I donā€™t think having one game/franchise be timed exclusive means all that much when everything else is coming to the platform/Gamepass though.

I think we can all agree thought that SE management just sucks. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

nice nice

4 Likes

2 years timed deals are like permanet ones from a mindshare and even revenue standpoint, also SE neglects many of their b tier games on Xbox, so I really donā€™t see this great relationship. The proof is that we (as Xbox gamers) rejoice for scraps (not a judgement of the games, but of their financial value) when they land on the platform, like it is a new era every time, then a new exclusive is announced, lmao.

Itā€™s just money, it was said before that MS didnā€™t find value in shelling more money than Sony in some deals.

If it were only money, I donā€™t understand why SE is the only publisher so antagonistic with Xbox releases. I doubt that FF sold less than a Yakuza onn Xbox for example.