XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Well there you go

The same square enix that put Outriders on game pass and a bunch of its back catalogue on the system? They must really loathe Xbox then.

2 Likes

Even the recent GP deals are literally the b tier of their line-up: Outriders was meant to be the b tier GaaS vs Avengers (but that thing backfired), DQ games are years old ports of b tier games. The FF GP deal is a joke, after 2 years we havenā€™t even seen all the games and the majority already left. When Iā€™ll see a new big profile SE game on GP Iā€™d say that MS has a good relationship with them. Without even considering skipping the platform for 4-5 consecutive high profile games, come on.

Come Prince And The Revolution GIF by Prince

Square hasnā€™t made a good FF in 20 years

edit: scratch that, make 21

3 Likes

The only Square games being locked up are Main FF games that Sony are intent on associating with Playstation and Forsaken lol.

You are right about that but i am sure Square now sees the value of outriders and While Dragon Quest isnā€™t my type of game a lot of people were pumped when it finally came to xbox. it was the same with octopath and will be the same with persona.

That fact that DQ11 was even on Xbox, let alone in Gamepass, is somewhat mind blowing. If you think thatā€™s indicative of a bad relationship, then I donā€™t know what to say other than I think youā€™re wildly mistaken.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™s just money.

Sony got there first and showed a good amount of cash.

Xbox just needs to show how much more money theyā€™ll get by getting the game on GP + gaining free money from MS.

Come on, it arrived like 3 years later and MS 100% paid for the full package: imo itā€™s not a sign of that big relationship.

How much money? Itā€™s clear 1$ from MS is not like 1$ from Sony, otherwise it wouldnā€™t happen so often.

2 Likes

I certainly donā€™t think thereā€™s a bad relationship there like you suggested. I think ā€œItā€™s complicatedā€ is the best way to sum up the relationship between MS and SE. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But yes, getting DQ (old games or not) on Xbox is a big deal since itā€™s never been on Xbox.

4 Likes

God only knows, I personally voted with my wallet, considering I bought FF15 and other FFs and then SE neglected me the next big installments (fortunately they are mediocre, so no big deal).

I dont think its complicated at all. Guaranteed money >>>>>>>>> anything else.

2 Likes

Like I said Sony got there first, and arranged the deal first.

Outriders absolutely exploded on GP and Iā€™m absolutely sure that square regrets all these timed exclusivities now.

A GP deal will offer: MS deal money, GP instant audience + potential purchases that come with it, PlayStation platform launch with more money from purchases there.

Itā€™s a better deal by a mile.

Donā€™t be so sure, SE management is thick-headed, otherwise the company would have had a totally different output in the last 20 years.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I mean. I donā€™t think they love or hate each other, itā€™s just business.

2 Likes

Letā€™s see the coming years, Iā€™m sure new games that are starting development now wonā€™t skip Xbox anymore, only if Sony is insane and wasting a ton of money on these deals.

The problem is that Iā€™m not sure of this, as I said MS would never be guaranteed a SE game if they donā€™t buy the company. If even SEGA realized that multiplaforms global releases are betterā€¦lmao

That is why they need to grow Game Pass to like 50 million or more because by then you are making bank and then some.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to brag butā€¦damn, it feels good to be someone who hates the Final Fantasy franchise and couldnā€™t give a shit what platform those games are on

Jim Carrey Relax GIF by Team Coco

16 Likes