XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Or you just wait them out.

I love FF but I wonā€™t ever buy a PS5 just for it.

Iā€™ll wait for the games, if they ever come to Xbox.

2 Likes

In my opinion there hasnā€™t been a good Final Fantasy since 9. Sony can have it. I will get mad if the next tomb raider doesnā€™t come to xbox and I hear Sony is snatching up timed deals like crazy.

2 Likes

Personally Iā€™m waiting to see if it is even true. After all, it was only yesterday that it seems people were agreeing not to take insiders at face value. If true, well I will just wait for the game if it is interesting.

Yep, which is why Iā€™ve purchased pretty much every console going back to the NES. I think the Atari Jaguar and the Wii/WiiU are the only ones Iā€™ve passed on over the years.

I get why people get tribal when it comes to videogames, but itā€™s way more fun to play all the games and not have to worry about exclusives. Granted, not everyone can afford to buy everything, but even just waiting a few years to pick up a console on the cheap can achieve the same goals.

First thing I did when I got my job out of college was buy me a PS4 to play all the stuff that I had been missing and it hasnā€™t made me any less of an xbox fan lol.

1 Like

If true sony is terrified of an aggressive Microsoft

1 Like

Exactly. And the best part was probably only having to pay $20 for some of those great games.

1 Like

Since the SNES/Genesis generation, I have owned between 2-4 consoles in every generation. The only consoles I never owned were a Wii U, Atari Jaguar, Neo Geo (wanted one though!!!), Turbo Grafx 16 and anything pre-NES. The pre-NES stuff is more of simply never caring about them.

But yeah, I own both XSX and PS5. No game is off limits for me. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, consoles like the NeoGeo and the CDi were way too expensive for me at the time. Fortunately I didnā€™t miss much with those. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I wanted a Neo Geo back then as I used to play their games in the arcade and loved what I played. There was also a video store that had all the consoles connected to TVā€™s at the time in which you could play any game the store has for 25 cents for 10 minutes. Such great times. Doing that made me want a Neo Geo but was way too much money. People complain about $70 games. Imagine paying $200 for a cartridge. lol

1 Like

OMG yeah those prices were ridiculous.

The Turbo Graphix 16 had a couple of great games though and was decently cheap from what I remember. I still play Bonkā€™s Adventure and Splatterhouse from time to time. Bonkā€™s still holds up, Splatterhouse not as much. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I can afford a PS5, yet buying a 500$ console for a few games is never worth it in the end, especially in an environment where we are flooded with games and only a few hours per day to play. Console exclusivity needs to stop and PC should ALWAYS be included. Letā€™s not give companies like Sony the idea that what they are doing is good for consumers.

9 Likes

This is how I feel.

I think MS should outbid Sony on every timed exclusivity but instead of exclusivity itā€™s GP deals.

3 Likes

Expecially for games they donā€™t own, they donā€™t develop and they donā€™t fund, but they only pay for blocking Xbox and/or PC ports.

I agree, but itā€™s clear MS is not willing to shell infinite money for games they donā€™t control, Iā€™d bet theyā€™d be more willing to buy the company altogether and shut it down at the core. lmao

Anyway, here itā€™s SE thatā€™s antagonistic, multiple high profile games neglected on Xbox didnā€™t happen since early 2000s and I doubt they would have bombed on Xbox.

Sucks but the game is the game. Square takes the money because it makes all the business sense in the world for them to do it and that goes above consumers sadly. You as a prospective client either choose to buy it or not so in the end you have that choice.

1 Like

At this point Iā€™m ok with not playing a new ff game again. Xbox has most of the games I enjoy playing.

4 Likes

These arenā€™t open auctions. Itā€™s not always that simple.

1 Like

They should be willing to, not every game has a timed exclusivity contract to it.

It would be better for everyone involved if they made a GP deal on FF, games wouldnā€™t skip Xbox, would be available day one for gamepass users and other platforms could still get the game.

Never said it was, theyā€™re a company, they have people that should be going out there and making their best to show their interest and how GP is a better deal period.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™re doing it now, itā€™s just that they got late to the party with this strategy for GP.

1 Like

Itā€™s clear that Square Enix is not in really good terms with Xbox, considering that they relent only the scrapsā€¦