XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

And the argument has always been here from some of us that you can do all that without sabotaging your own console offerings by beefing up the already mighty Nintendo Switch and giving nothing in return to your core fans.

3 Likes

XCloud will have all purchases, not just GP. You will no longer need an Xbox. Please “evolve” and accept that.

It’s a real tough sell to some Xbox owners…

Some of us are more evolved :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You know. I am going to trust the bean counters and Phil Spencer at Microsoft whose sole job is to work out how to make more money for shareholders than this assertion.

2 Likes

You don’t know, also considering many publishers are unwilling to put games on cloud only for GP, I don’t see a full streamable Xbox platform for a long time.

1 Like

Thats not the point man. What do xbox fans get beyond “more money” that we dont see and game pass deals we should be getting regardless? Nothing.

We arent gonna get Smash, Mario Kart or anything that we can play or enjoy.

2 Likes

We do know that is their plan, accept it.

Yeah, most of the time, people are thinking something won’t work ( like games on PC ), and in the end it was the right decision.

1 Like

If there is no need for an xbox just become a third party publisher then.

The Game Pass group and boom.

1 Like

PC IS A DIFFERENT MARKET THAN CONSOLES

3 Likes

Accept what? There is no Xbox in the cloud from which you can buy games, dlc, mtx, etcc not tied directly to GP, which is only a subset of Xbox. You don’t even know that it’s the plan.

1 Like

Anyone played Snowrunner? Seems really good but boy is it frustrating. Arrggghhhh.

2 Likes

There will be a need for an Xbox for people that don’t want to stream.

Do you really not see how xcloud eliminates the requirement of buying an xbox to play xbox games?

I’m not going to try & convince you that this is worthwhile. If you don’t like it, that’s fair enough. I’m trying to be lighthearted about it.

It’s a reality though. Xbox want Game Pass on other platforms. We have confirmation of that now. In my opinion, we Xbox fans will just need to get used to the idea & see how it works if it ever happens.

1 Like

I was doing some Dying Light and Carrion yesterday. Super fun.

This plan was announced in an xbox wire article. They are adding the ability to stream any game you own.

1 Like

SWITCH IS A DIFFERENT MARKET Am I doing it right :skull:

1 Like

You people realize that Microsoft STILL wants you on the console no? Why waste time on rdna2, fps boost, auto hdr and all that for starters.

Seems like a waste if the ultimate goal is to never have people buy your device because you rather beef up the competitor that obliterated your sales in half the years.

3 Likes

You know, MS is not lead by Cartesio or Leonardo Da Vinci, they often have botched plans, so if that’s what going to happen, it could backfire badly.

It will never be for all games for maaany years, publishers want their cut.

1 Like

Put it this way, Satya didn’t allow Phil Spencer to spend $7.5 billion to make less money for Microsoft, which is the sense I am getting lol.

2 Likes