XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

4 Likes

Switch does not overlap xbox :man_shrugging: same story different colours.

2 Likes

True.

Very true.

Very true

:wink:

2 Likes

Even if you’re right, what’s in it for Xbox users? Because the only thing “evolved” Xbox fans can say are more money for MS (which I dont’ give a shit, I’m no pony) or Xbox users with Switch (but I thought the users didn’t overlap, lmao) can stream their games also on Switch. So nothing in the end.

I can stream my games and don’t need to drain my phone?

1 Like

We got tv’s, computers, phones, tablets and like 2 billion other smart devices but the 80 million Switch users are the ones that Microsoft definitely needs. The one that competes directly with them at the hardware level and for software sales even with “inferior specs”. Ima just wake up and walk the dog man.

3 Likes

Lol, you have destroyed your point “Xbox and Switch don’t overlap”, in fact proving my point.

2 Likes

Lebron James What GIF by SB Nation

2 Likes

I’m an Xbox user. Dunno if I’m evolved or not but whatever.

If Game Pass comes to Switch, I get to play stuff like Halo on my Switch while lying back on my couch with my headphones on. Which sounds really cool to me.

4 Likes

Huh? Raising Xbox’s profile with the shareholders only brings Xbox closer to becoming a real core pillar of the company which means more investment. More acquisitions, more game pass deals, and bigger budgets sounds fantastic to me.

3 Likes

I view streaming as an additional option besides native gaming.

You can do the same on you tablet/phone easily, with also better a screen than the shit one of Switch.

The Gold price hike was another genius move to raise Xbox profile with shareholders, how well that ended?

2 Likes

But it signified that Microsoft views the console as just a means to their ecosystem and not the only way. That ship sailed in like 2016, so I do not understand why this is all a shock to people. We all see where Xbox is heading and it is platform agnosticism.

Xbox is not going to go away because the Xcloud servers are based on Xbox hardware, so to make a game for Xcloud means you make a game for Xbox.

2 Likes

We are back to that conversation huh ?

10 Likes

So nothing that we dont get now.

Its a real tough sell to xbox owners that switch owners play your games and you wont get anything except behind the scenes stuff that should be happening regardless now anyway. If the trillion dollar company needs nintendo money to keep on providing me content then idk.

1 Like

Cant wait to play Nintendo Pass on xbox. Real quid pro quo!

1 Like

The bulk of money MS make in gaming are still directly tied to console (microtransactions, sales, dlc, etc), we can stop to live in fantasyland. If public gets the message you can avoid completely Xbox, it’s done.

With xCloud you have only GP, not the other things.

2 Likes

I’m not getting dragged into this argument again, but we can’t sit here and cheerlead GP subscriber growth numbers and at the same time downplay moves that allow for increased growth just because it doesn’t “directly” do anything for you as a gamer. Success of the platform is obviously huge for everyone that is part of the ecosystem.

2 Likes

@Roronoa_Zoro90 saying “you can play games on your phone or tablet instead of your Switch” is like saying “you can play on PC instead of console”. Yeah, I know & I know what I prefer :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t care about Xcloud on switch.

But @javycane said something that I didn’t think about until now. This move would absolutely destroy the Series S, they could still move forward with it but the Series S would be sacrificed, unless they don’t really care for it’s sales after they put Xcloud on switch.

4 Likes