XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Small reminder before E3… Unreal Engine 5 can also mean cross-gen games.

Maybe, could be that Avalanche are making an AAA Xbox game, but Typhoon is from someone else.

I mean, UE5 can run on Android and IOS… why not Xbox One, PS4 and Switch?

the decision to make Cross-gen games is from Studio.

2 Likes

It being able to run on last gen tech doesn’t mean we’ll see cross-gen games with it.

Games that use the engine will start coming out at the very end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023, no reason to still be launching cross-gen games then.

It might be the case for games that started dev on last-gen hardware and will make the jump for next-gen.

Yeah, I also find it hilarious honestly, expecially when who dare to say it’s accused of being narrow minded or console warrior by more “evolved” Xbox fans.

Well, no, MS doesn’t see, Nintendo as a competitor (imo wrongly, because Nintendo would happily see MS bail out gaming tomorrow), but they clearly see Sony as competitor, even if sometimes they spell bullshit like “we see Amazon and Google bla bla…”.

If that’s really the case, MS will have a hard time to explain the fanbase that there is nothing there for them, only more money for MS shareholders, yeeee. If it will backfire like the genius Gold move, I will laugh my ass off, it’s not the time to relent on Nintendo, even if they don’t see them as competitors.

3 Likes

Streaming will be everywhere it was obvious. This in no way bad news whatsoever.

1 Like

That’s not the point. Its reinforcing a direct competitors platform which is ridiculous which has always been my argument. Streaming can be wherever just not on Nintendo platforms particularly cause we xbox players get NOTHING out of it too.

2 Likes

Not on competitor consoles, there are enough smart devices out there to circumvent Nintendo, not to embrace them and consequently devalue you plarform.

2 Likes

Smart devices are expensive and/or have a small screen. They don’t have a dedicated controller and are less comfortable.

Unless xbox isn’t planning a streaming device for gaming switch is the next best bet.

Thats not Microsoft’s problem. Plenty tablets go for $99 and a controller goes for $45.

Cheaper than the Switch.

2 Likes

Debatable, my Samsung S20 has a better screen than Switch in every possibile way. Also joycons are shit and you need a dedicated controller on Switch like on a phone.

Game Pass on Switch is as stupid as Bethesda games on PS imo, short gain vs long term gain. Maybe even worse, considering there are literally billions of portable devices you can stream on outside Switch.

True Detective Time GIF

9 Likes

Like if Nintendo was gonna give us games in exchange or something like that by all means make a deal and explain it but since we all know thats not gonna happen then who cares.

Switch with xcloud devalues the Series S (X to an extent) and makes it kinda useless even with its ability to “play best on xbox”.

4 Likes

Yeah, Series S might be the casualty of this move, which would be hilarious.

2 Likes

Most gamers use the switch as a secondary console hence why ms does not view them as competitors unlike Playstation.

5 Likes

Highly doubtful. The PC already gets everything Xbox does and you hardly see pitchforks at Redmond. Besides, in all my years of gaming both the Xbox and PlayStation fan base do not view Nintendo as direct competition.

1 Like

Majority of 80 million switch users using it as a secondary console ?

If You Say So Shrug GIF

2 Likes

PC is a completely different market than console, come on. MS also owns Microsoft Windows, so…

And there were pitchforks for years, even if in that case it was stupid.

5 Likes

Pc doesnt overlap with consoles and is like a separate base.

Also what fanbase views ≠ what reality is.

3 Likes

Well there are 100+ mil Playstations👀 also the switch is very popular for families and casuals.