XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

But its not. Its a direct console competitor to the Playstation and the xbox on hardware and software level.

You can repeat the lie that Nintendo isnt a competitor but it doesnt make it true.

1 Like

They are trying to expand the market and reach “3 billion gamers”, the cloud with its $0 cost of entry is the mechanism to do that.

Switch is abysmal in the 3 billions gamers plan, even by Phil own admission when he talked about xcloud target platforms.

I am already seeing IGN or Gamespot titles: “you don’t need an Xbox anymore with GP on Switch” yeeee. I thuoght MS understood that mindshare is everything.

1 Like

Step 1 to evolution is realizing that it will not be required to purchase an Xbox to play Xbox games. Once we’re past step 1, we can start talking step 2.

You could do that by not including Nintendo.

2 Likes

Hiking Gold was dumb. Expanding Xbox’s reach to the most popular handheld gaming device is smart.

This is old thinking. The day Quantum Break got announced for PC Microsoft was out of the traditional exclusive to one box business. Phil has been very open about wanting Xbox games everywhere. I don’t know what to tell you.

3 Likes

But dude, the reality is that Xbox don’t just want you on the console!

If they did, then they wouldn’t offer options where people can play all of their games without a console!

2 Likes

Man this argument just keeps evolving

Dragon Ball Z Cell GIF by MANGOTEETH

11 Likes

For $300 you can buy an xbox series s or you can buy a switch with xcloud and Nintendo games.

Unless Microsoft is in to sabotage its own trojan horse into households then idk. I just believe that the subset of 3b gamers can safely exclude the big N and still be successful.

2 Likes

Going round n round reining round and round GIF by FEI Global

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

2 Likes

Lets just put xcloud on Playstation then since thats 120 million users while we are it.

Lets put game pass on Stadia too so they can offer a better service in the meantime.

2 Likes

Wait until some insider say something about a game not being at E3.

One thing is offering the option through a general purpose device everyone own (pc, smartphon, table, smart tv), another one is through a competitor closed platform. No one will ever convince me that’s a smart idea.

PC is MS home, come on, you cannot think Switch is the same.

It that’s true, they wouldn’t have enginereed not 1, but 2 next gen consoles with different price tiers, come on.

5 Likes

Ya’ll are skipping ahead to step 2 without coming to terms with step 1.

You will no longer need Xbox hardware to play Xbox games. Do we agree?

I like Phil and all the work he has done for xbox but this obsession with Nintendo I find it ridiculous.

2 Likes

Become a third party publisher then and save us all the trouble of having an extra console in the market.

2 Likes

It is true.

You can be an Xbox gamer & play their games, right now, without an Xbox console.

IDGAF about Xcloud on Switch when Nintendo continues to remain the most backward ass MFin company in the entirety of gaming.

1 Like

Yeah, MS should try to circumvent and/or outpace Nintendo, not help them. History already proved that they are not really trustworthy. They backstabbed Sony, not the contrary.

2 Likes