XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

No, I never really noticed these games until it got a huge following. I think the first time I heard about From Software was with the release of Dark Souls 3 and I wondered why people we,re so hyped for it. But since I’m not super into the asthetic of these games Sekiro was the first one which peaked my interest and I thought I see what the hype is about. And yeah I get what people mean, Its rewarding combat is fun and I felt very good when I beat Genichiro Ashina and it’s because you learn all the different patterns of the enemies of which there are many. But it also has a weird control scheme which still doesn’t feel very good to play and the graphics are also just good. I also think some enemies are just not fun to fight. So yeah I understand what people like about these games, but it’s also a bit overblown in my opinion. The games are good but for me definitely not more yet.

So yeah I’m curious to see if Elden Ring can win me over, but I wouldn’t buy just another from software game.

I hope it looks better graphically and has a nice setting. But more importantly I hope it feels better to play.

Never said it was about VR. Annd it was just a news for those interested.

Sekiro looks great. Effects are top tier and the world is a big plus, amazing animations and hit reg by the enemies. That what people like about souls etc is the way you have to traverse a area. Its hidden with secrects and rewarding loot. Some items are only useable once and are limited. The games involve a lot decision making and discovery.

Now add the rewarding fights, crazy locations, replay value and you will understand why from fans have such a passion.

3 Likes
6 Likes

There are a lot of us who don’t think that From games are all that, but we don’t talk about it much because the folks who love those games a lot are kind of overzealous

7 Likes

I think Sekiro looks a little bit flat. I like the artdesign a lot but it’s almost as if the contrast is too low. Animations are good, but I wouldn’t rate them amazing. RDR 2 or TLOU2 have amazing animations. The world is definitely one to explore but I never was eager to do because of the high difficulty. For example sometime I encountered one of those headless ghostlike enemies in a swamp like area (if I remember correctly) I couldn’t really move in that area for some reason and the enemy one hit killed me every time. After a few attempts I was tired of trying because I didn’t even know what to do. And I had similar experiences in a lot of places. Also the way Sekiro moves is exhausting sometimes which is unfortunate because you need very good reflexes and often times I had the feeling the control schemes were in the way. Like the way he moves when you change direction while running.

Again I had fun with the game and think it’s good. But it’s also very frustrating at the same time. A lot of trial and error. Which is cool for some boss encounters but I find it tiring if it’s for every single encounter you get to. I just never had the feeling I am in total control of the situation. But I also need to add that I only played on the one x. So this was 30fps with bad framepacing. It’s probably better in 60 now

Hmmm better way to say it a attack by an enemy never feels cheap. In many games hitboxes are just big blocks and sometimes you get a hit without touching the enemy. Animations are very good given how fast and responsive they are. RDR 2 has crazy good looking animations but outside the look they feel bad and not responsive.

Thats the point. Sometimes exploring the world can open entire new parth in the world but also makes it easier for you to progress.

cant really agree with that. did you activated game mode on your tv? Input delay is everthing in sekiro.

Part of the experience :smiley:

Geez of course I have game mode enabled. :roll_eyes:

Did you change the control scheme at all of did you play with the default configuration?

The best thing about Sekiro is the cinematography. The way they frame each cutscene is masterfully executed and very fitting for the setting. Combined with the original japanese voice over its a very very cool atmosphere.

look how close the arrow passes the player. Many games fail at this completely.

3 Likes

Man, this talk let me to try it again on series x. And boy does it feel better to play at 60. Holy shit! I think I’ll give it another run and see if it feels better this time.

2 Likes
11 Likes

But does it have Tempest Audio? No

3 Likes

I want to play it again as well :smiley: but I have to finish nier first and yakuza 4,5,6,7 …

2 Likes

Yeah, the hype for Elden Ring is the same as Starfield. People hyped based on their respective previous games but yet, haven’t seen either new game yet.

I have no interest in Elden Ring as From Software games don’t do it for me. Starfield im 50/50 on. Have to see it first. If those leaked images from this week are real, at least it looks better than what I was expecting.

There really is too much to play rn. I will finish the mass effect legendary edition next and then the first psychonauts (never played that one). And maybe after that I give Sekiro another go. 60fps really is a game changer for that game.

I really cant believe to this day xbox bought Zenimax. Its just surreal.

4 Likes

Ohh yeah :D, ahh well I have a lot to do beside gaming, honestly. My problem is time. We need a time pass. #giveustimepass

I really cringe at people who moean about “no games”

2 Likes

What we really need is a “hey guys stop reading all this negative troll shit and moaning about it on here every god damn day” pass

Doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue though

1 Like
3 Likes

If you get the chance to try a couple of the “Souls” titles, you’ll better understand what the fuss is about & why people are so hyped for Elden Ring.

For me, Demon’s Souls & Bloodborne are incredible games & the first Dark Souls is really good. I’ve not bothered with the last couple of From games but I’m excited to see what they do with an open world RPG in a brand new setting. It could be very cool.

1 Like