XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

His statement was that it will be at E3 and it will be a 2022 game…

Not particularly surprising… but at least it will get shown.

2 Likes

And it could be something like the game being released at the beginning of 2022, so it is not necessarily bad.

tbh It’d be real uneventful if Starfield didn’t have any presence at this e3

I personally believe that Microsoft will gain back market share. I see them “winning” North America because even with a poor generation like Xbox One, they were only behind by 6m so as long as Series X/S stays close to PS5 until their first party titles start hitting, I believe they will eventually overtake Sony and PS5 in NA.

The real test will be Europe where overall, PS4 crushed Xbox One by around 38m in console sales where as with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Sony still won but by less than 10m. So all of Europe will be the real test. Microsoft has a lot of going for it in general but I can see the massive game price differences being the major factor.

Japan unless X-Cloud takes off, I don’t see Microsoft doing anything there and even with Sony, they barely do anything. It’s literally all Mobile gaming and Switch due to it being a hybrid. Other regions could go either way or just be based on what has been dominant the last three generations.

I was always expecting Elden Ring to be 2022 or later. Not expecting God of War Ragnarok until 2023 to be honest and I see Horizon II: Forbidden West being delayed to February 2022.

I don’t see FF16 being 2021. It’s 2022 at the earliest.

Missed that part but not surprised as I have said March 2022 since last year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see it get pushed out this year or next year.

And hahahaha. Missed that part like I said but yeah, im in the 2022 camp since last Fall. Of course, im 2022 for a LOT of games that are/were originally 2021.

2 Likes

I don’t think it should even be considered “bad news”… if it’s getting shown at E3, the latest it’s probably going be released is March-April 2022 ?

4 Likes

On an unrelated note, I traded in Resident Evil VIII: Village for $32.50 to GameStop since I put it towards pre-ordering BioMutant for Xbox One (BC on Xbox Series) which I fully paid off. Also, pre-ordered Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and the Midnight Solid Black DualShock 5 controller.

So happy that I will have that all black controller. Will then trade in the two white controllers which will only cost me $4 once I do that. So hyped!!!

Just waiting to see the retail disc price for Necromunda: Hired Gun and go from there.

2 Likes

The Hype for Elden Ring is unreal to me. I only played Sekiro and yeah the game was good but not like the greatest masterpiece on earth. I have the feeling this is the loudest fanbase of all games and the game can’t possibly live up to the hype these guys are creating.

3 Likes

Well, yes and no. Not too long ago it seemed very likely that it was coming this year. It was the plan. I’m guessing MS wants that give BGS the time it needs, extra polishing. But damn man, I sure hope it’s March next year at the latest. :frowning:

If they show it at E3 they already will be moving away from announcing and releasing in the same year, so I really can’t see it farther out than March if they show it at E3. Unless it’s a E3 2022 thing, with a release late 2022, but that definitely doesn’t go in line with the teassing from insiders but also Phil last year mentioning it left and right. And the rumor that apparently it was planned for last year.

That would be horrible because I don’t see a big reveal happening for that anywhere else. So that would move it into next year, likely E3. That would suck on so many levels.

Do you always trade in your games? Or were you just unhappy with the game?

kristen wiig gtfo GIF

3 Likes

I guess we’ll see next month… Grubb himself admits during the stream today he hasn’t really got a conclusive answer from his sources in regards to the release date, apart from minor tidbits (probably to do with development?)

Maybe best to just wait until E3.

And as for presence at E3 he said it will probably still be there?

Yes, his stance is now shown at E3… 2022 release.

I’ll just get the video and timestamp it. lol

1 Like

All disc based games get traded in once I complete them. I’m not a collector and stopped collecting games during the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 generation for various reasons.

As for RE 8, it’s a great game. Rated it an 8.5/10 overall. Enjoyed it more than RE 7 but the final third of the game turned me off which seems to be habit with almost every RE game. I am however hyped for REmake4!!!

Timestamped.

5 Likes
12 Likes

Did you not played any Souls game?

1 Like

That’s good!

Then if the past (Skyrim, Fallout 3,4,76)is anything to go by it won’t be much later than March next year. That way it’s still kinda “announce game, release somewhat close to it”, late next year certainly isn’t that. I do wonder if they’ll announce a concrete date or just say 2022, I hope they give us something concrete. I don’t recall BGS ever having delayed games, so if they give a date, it will stick to it.

In the video by Juicehead he said that it’s possible that this time around BGS wants a longer marketing campaign. It being a brand new IP, lots to talk about and show before release. He definitely has a point.

2 Likes

AR ≠ VR and this probably has nothing to do with xbox lol.