XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

I still expect the games that were supposed to hit 2020 like Starfield and Halo to make 2021, with the games that were already slated for 2021 get pushed back to 2022. But given the volatility of the situation, I wouldn’t be particularly shocked if not even those two make it! Not because I’m hearing anything, it’s just that WFH has been hell on Earth in many companies and who knows how well they’re taking it now?

2 Likes

God I hope DQ 12 will be announced and that it’s a multiplat from day one. I bought a PS4 towards the end of last gen mainly due to DQ 12 and the urge to replay Persona 5.

If they are launching more of a “home console” like the rumors are saying, they will be producing the hardware themselves like they do with the Indexes and did with the Steam controllers.

tbh, what are consoles but pre-built PCs with tight DRM

We’ve never got anything official about Starfield. Was always speculation that the game was meant to come out last year

Various reliable sources claim it was going to hit 2020, with a likely reveal around E3 and a release late in the year - the standard procedure for Bethesda, really. Seems like all that shifted by a year.

1 Like

It -should- be a multiplat, if going by what they’ve been doing recently is any sign (DQXI S going full multiplat, and the focus of DQ on game pass specifically with DQB2 and apparently more, wouldn’t make sense to build the series up in game pass and then make DQXII a Switch exclusive or whatever).

It’s pretty soon, but maybe we’ll get to see that next DQ game for game pass here? My guess is either Heroes 2, or maybe they’re gonna port a classic like VIII, and it’ll possibly be a day 1 game pass addition.

And just as a dream scenario, imagine DQXII being a worldwide release + launching in GP, and also Xcloud. Geez, I can just imagine “Xbox game pass subscriber count sees a 10000% increase overnight in Japan” headlines ahaha.

1 Like

Never trust Square Enix, it’s for your own good. XD

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/rao_ruthwik/status/1393142288767873026

6 Likes

the absolute levels of delusional cringe I’m reading under that article omg lmao

9 Likes

What is this ? it looks like it came from Twitter fanboy.

4 Likes

That’s a solid take right there :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Lmao, the funniest thing is that these people actually believe in their shit.

4 Likes

It’s the scary part for me…

4 Likes

They live only for console wars, but they have not understood that is theoretically easier that Sony goes away from gaming than Microsoft, if only for the relative sizes of the companies.

2 Likes

They are in the trenches of the console war…

We have to remember that Xbox nearly went away last gen. So Xbox was barely fighting back. Now that Xbox has the backing of MS in full, it’s too much for PS fans who try to dismiss, shift the narrative that is slowly rising among the masses.

It’s their modus operandi. We saw that with Returnal recently, now it’s Rachet, and for good reasons, but they try to influence the media and masses, making things bigger than they are and most of the time it’s working.

But yeah, sometimes it’s too obvious. Using fancy wording doesn’t make it real.

7 Likes

The bad news Jeff is talking about could definitely be about Sony too, and not just God of War. Because let’s be honest here, there is no way God of War and Horizon FW both release this year. Maybe even Horizon will get delayed too.

It’s clear that Elden Ring very likely is one about the bad news, but I just hope it’s not Bethesda related. What time is his podcast usually?

2 Likes

1:00 pm ET.

i dont think Starfield and GoW Ragnarok are coming this year. maybe Horizon FW and Zelda Botw 2. we’ll see. :slightly_smiling_face:

Halo 3. Level 2 Crow’s Nest and level 3 Tsavo Highway are a couple all time co-op bangers, back-to-back

1 Like

Is it today though? Thats a bit unclear to me.

If it’s releasing next year that’s OK, chances are high it will be early next year, as long as it shows up at E3.

1 Like