XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

That would indeed be awesome news!

This would explain how I was able to play Outriders the last two days after my GCU subscription ended last Thursday as Outriders is said to require Gold even if playing solo.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Realizing it, I donā€™t have Game Pass either so that would mean thereā€™s some kind of screw up on Microsoftā€™s part that allows me to play Outriders without requiring Gold OR the game itself (ala Division 1 & 2) doesnā€™t require it despite all research I have done saying it does.

4 Likes

You put that very well, and you almost described me word for word. I bought almost all of my games on PS4, but this generation itā€™s going to be the Xbox.

1 Like

The evidence is the document. No one else besides sony is being this slimy. Open your eyes man. The gangster style shakedown needs to stop.

1 Like

$10 for Gamepass where you get gold+extra games while gold costs the same? Why even have gold then just call it gamepass.

Probably a mistake that will get fixed.

Could be a strategy to convert more people to Game Pass from Gold, while not taking away the choice for those only wanting to stay with Gold.

4 Likes

EDIT: Meant to edit my previous post, not quote myself like a jackass. smh. lol.

Youā€™re deflecting again. The point is Sony is a roadblock for crossplay, you said it yourself. Thatā€™s all I am talking about. And they are asking money (plus datas that devs have to gather themselves) for ā€œsupportingā€ crossplay on their platform.

I think thatā€™s a bad thing for their image and for gaming in general, but thatā€™s my opinion. Youā€™re entitled to your own.

2 Likes

I checked on the console, and it is true that Gold is included in the description of the standard proposition. And iā€™m French and it has also been translated.

Edit : while clicking on it, it seems to disappear from the description. Iā€™m gonna wait this week if there is potentially news about all that. Could indeed just be a mistake.

I am all for companies getting dragged when they make decisions that negatively impact the industry and their own consumers. It is an opportunity to push for change.

4 Likes

I mean, he said that ā€œit should be a fun week aheadā€ā€¦ And it already has been. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I just checked his Twitter and that was the last tease he did, I didnā€™t see anything more.

Thereā€™s a lot of other folks teasing this week as a big week for gaming overall, so I can see a lot of big stuff coming from Sony / Nintendo or Publishers.

Microsoft usually likes to space their announcements throughout the week, the fact that they decided to announce 2 big updates on the same day, while adding that Sony also announced something big on the same day, may mean that they wanted to get a spotlight on their stuff before something else.

Itā€™s just a hunch I have, Iā€™m probably wrong though

Yep, and also Jez, even Shpeshal_Ed too, right?

The one thing I am unsure of isā€¦have they made great stuff in the past? This looks like it could be Metro levels of great, but we need to see more, way more.

Thank you.

I donā€™t play favorites. I go with whichever console/platform/eco-system that I believe will be the best for me for the current generation. I have switched three generations in a row and four out of the last five. I bought 95% of my games last generation on PS4/PS4 Pro but this generation, itā€™s the opposite.

With that said, I have always owned at least a second console for the exclusives because I know that there will be exclusives that I want to play on the other console/platform/eco-system. I still own a PlayStation 5 for exclusives. Iā€™m expecting to have at least 10-15 for me this generation, probably more.

For Xbox Series X, im expecting at least 20-30 and the vast majority will be in Game Pass so I win twice. More exclusives and I donā€™t have to buy them in order to play them.

Thus far, this generation has been amazing and weā€™re only six months in. 60FPS and ultra fast loading times on Series X (and for the exclusives on PS5), Game Pass, BC, FPS Boost, EA Play, UPlay coming in the fall and so much more even before their exclusives start releasing while on PS5, I loved Miles Morales, hyped for Rift Apart and will go from there.

I look at all this other stuff and im like, thatā€™s just everyday corporate bullshit and I go back to the rest of my day. lol.

1 Like

The worst thing about this forum is some people ,When Microsoft makes mistakes, everyone criticizes them, but when it is Sony turn, it becomes just business and this is their right because there is no competition and you have to accept it

Double standards in some people bring me nausea :nauseated_face:

20 Likes

I guess if Microsoft buys Rockstar Games tomorrow itā€™s also just busineess. :joy:

1 Like

My only criticism of Microsoft thus far is the massive lack of exclusive games and not having a backup/secondary plan for launch and instead, depending on Halo Infinite 100%. But hereā€™s the difference, not everyone is the same and thus, not everything affects everyone.

I was pissed at Sony for not green lighting Days Gone 2 because well, I fucking wanted Days Gone 2 but the cross-play shit is of no interest or concern to me. I donā€™t care. But I do understand why Sony does it.

I understood why Microsoft tried to increase Gold. Again, like cross-play, itā€™s of no interest or concern to me but I do understand why they wanted to do that.

I didnā€™t go nuts back in 2013. I was an Xbox 360 guy. Microsoft fucked up in 2013. I went with Sony and PS4. Problem solved. Every company is going to do fucked up shit and will continue to do fucked up shit. Itā€™s just what it is. All I care about is if the fucked up shit affects me. Majority of the time it doesnā€™t but sometimes it does and when that happens, I will get pissed but even then, like with Days Gone 2 never being green lit, I donā€™t go nuts and try to petition for Jim Ryan to be fired because heā€™s NOT going anyfuckingwhere. Instead, I just say oh well and look at my decision to go with Xbox as my primary gaming console for this generation and thus far, my decision has been the right one.

Basically, Iā€™ll say - those motherfuckers arenā€™t doing/giving me what I want. I vent a little and then the next day, itā€™s like, oh well, whatever. I canā€™t change their mind so it is what it is. And instead, I will try to see a positive out of it - maybe Bend Studio gives me an exclusive I love and enjoy just as much as I did with Days Gone. So until proven otherwise, Iā€™ll give them the benefit of the doubt because as of now, I donā€™t know if im right or wrong as I have to wait to see what their new IP is and all about.

1 Like

Just let people be upset if they want. Nobody here is going to the length of petitioning for the firing of Jim Ryan. Being upset about something that negatively impacts you is fine as long as it isnā€™t taken to extremes.

10 Likes

ā€œDeus Ex Mankind Dividedā€

hnnnnnnnnng

7 Likes

Hmmm, wonder what it is. Could it be Horizon?

1 Like