XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Fuck yes, give me all that goodness.

I distinctly remember when they tried to do that for Minecraft. Not long after Phil was doing an interview and when the topic was brought up he had to stop himself from saying something very unkind. He was basically saying their reasoning was bullshit without actually saying it and you could tell he was bothered by it.

3 Likes

You’re twisting the argument. It’s not the amount of money that is problematic, it is that they are asking money for it in the first place. No one does, why are they asking money for it ???

6 Likes

Awesome!

I’m wondering if this is Brazil timezone or adjusted to my place? :chief_think:

basically metro on steroids.

I’m having very mixed reactions to this STALKER 2 game length, all in the span of seconds, from “YES” to “NO” back to “YES” then over to “I DONT KNOW” and finally to “PLEASE DON’T SUCK”.

2 Likes

Wait, so you’re retroactively raging today that Sony was a road block to cross play years ago?

I never suggested people shouldn’t discuss this. I was questioning why some people seem so angry about it.

Why does anyone ask money for anything? Because they can.

Why is Xbox Live Gold $60 a year when it used to be $50? Why are some skins in Overwatch $20? The answer to every question of this type is the same.

12 Likes

Tiger lmaoo

7 Likes

Genuine question for you, why are you upset that people in a gaming forum are upset with a Billion dollar corporation apparently charging devs to enable cross play? And we have evidence in this case neither Microsoft nor Nintendo are doing the same thing?

18 Likes

Ok, thank you for your answer. So actually we agree on that point. Sony does it because they can. So they are actively getting in the way of crossplay and the only platform making things difficult.

And when companies do things consumers don’t like, consumers should be allowed to call those companies out for it. Just like when MS tried to double the price of Live. They real question why are you out to defend sony so much?

2 Likes

Have you seen their post history

3 Likes

Wait, I’m upset? lol

This story came from documents that showed EPIC was paying Sony for cross play. We have no evidence this is something affecting smaller devs or projects. I think it’s quite possible this clause only kicks in when you hit a certain amount of (very high) revenue. So are we supposed to feel sympathy for EPIC here?

We have yet to hear anyone with actual knowledge of these situations express frustration with these fees getting in the way of cross play, and we all know that things that are upsetting people working in this industry tend to leak, and yet this never leaked.

So where does this lead us? The most likely explanation is that Sony only has these fees attached to highly lucrative games, and they’re not very prohibitive to those who pay them. I know some people really want to spin this into an evil plot depriving us all of cross play for every game, and Sony squeezing every dev/publisher like an orange they’re trying to extract every last bit of juice out of, but we have no evidence this is a real thing that is happening.

Yeah, Sony is doing business as usual…

Now why should I care or bother about it? Because that business directly affects how I enjoy my hobby. I’m not an investor, nor a Sony employee, but I care for their business, because their business can and will hamper my enjoyment of videogames, and that right there is something I really care and am passionate about.

Imagine having less because of a corporation and being ok with it because “they can”, fuck off with that, are you their CEO? My only interest is that their “business” is fair to my own.

Also, fuck Sony.

6 Likes

What if that is another news this week ?

6 Likes

Wait, what are you getting less of? How exactly is this affecting you?

Is it happening?

Nintendo and Microsoft have done their fair share of fucked up shit. Nintendo basically forced all publishers to buy cartridges from them during NES/SNES eras. Microsoft tried to force Kinect, always online and restrict/limit players from using used games and whatnot. Sony is charging companies if they want to enable cross-play. Sony IS the worldwide leader. It’s not Nintendo and it isn’t Microsoft. Sony can do pretty much whatever they want just like Nintendo and Microsoft have done in the past.

If this generation sees Microsoft dominate and become the worldwide leader going into the next generation, they would do the exact same shit and here’s why - BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Microsoft is being consumer friendly BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO. They’re third, plain and simple. They have the most to prove. Not Sony or even Nintendo for that matter. And when you have the most to prove, you’ll do consumer friendly stuff just like Nintendo and Sony have done when they weren’t the best because they had to.

No company does anything for free or out of kindness. If that was the case, everything would be free but that’s not going to happen. If Sony can charge money for cross-play and other companies feel it’s worth it for them, they will pay the fee. If they don’t, they won’t.

But so many act like Microsoft is some kind of friend which makes me laugh because every company is exactly the same and the best part is that everyone here would do the exact same shit if they were running a respective billion or trillion dollar company for one simple reason - it’s how they all became and will stay billion dollar and trillion dollar companies.

It’s real simple. Spend YOUR money on what you feel is best for you and ignore the rest. I don’t spend any money at all on Nintendo but I don’t bash them for selling 15 year old remasters that honestly, still look like shit for $60 because I would do the same if I was running Nintendo because I know people will pay for it.

I respect what Microsoft is doing but for me, the most important aspect of any console is exclusive games and in this regard, they haven’t done anything for me on an excellent scale ever outside of Gears but they’re my primary gaming console this generation for various reasons so I will spend 90% of my money this generation in the Xbox eco-system.

Last generation, I barely spent anything because they weren’t doing for me what I wanted them to do. This gen, they are where as Sony outside of their exclusive games aren’t doing anything but I don’t bitch about any of it because it’s not going to all of a sudden change what Sony is (or any company for that matter) is doing. Instead, I simply spend less money in their eco-system just like I did with Microsoft and Xbox last generation.

That’s pretty much it. It’s all very simple. Support the stuff that you like/love, prefer and that is best for you while ignoring (like I do with Nintendo) the stuff that isn’t. Do this and you’ll be far more calm, relaxed, almost never get upset because why would you? Gaming is interactive entertainment. Nothing more and nothing less. Plus, you’ll be happier and probably enjoy gaming even more than you already do which is what the entire purpose of playing games is to begin with. To enjoy it.

2 Likes

We will see soon enough :yum: