XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Psychonauts 2… which was meant to release last year.

1 Like

I don’t get it. That looks like a release calendar.

now that is a curious find

why would they redact Psychonauts 2?

it’s time to put more money into ID Tech And ForzaTech

it’s Forza tech for Fable

Turn 10 Studios on LinkedIn: Software Engineer- Turn10 Studios in Redmond, Washington, United States

1 Like

yeah it could be FH 5, what next month after August ? September which usually FH games release date in this month on xbo gen era

Correct

1 Like

Dragon Quest Builders 2 seems really cool after checking it out on Game Pass tonight, definitely recommend trying it out.

1 Like

What does “plus day 1 releases” mean here? Is Microsoft thinking of downgrading the regular subscription by not releasing first party games day 1 on the 10$ version of Game Pass? Or are they referring to third party games?

I think that would be a really bad idea. However, I do actually find it quite reasonable if any Zenimax game were put behind the Ultimate paywall.

1 Like

I think it’d be dumb to do that while in growth mode.

2 Likes

A blog by a Zenimax Online lead graphics engineer.

It’s probably an understatement to say that the technology powering UE5 (eg Nanite) will prove to be disruptive (in a good way!) in our industry, in a way that hasn’t been seen in over a decade. It’s also likely that the amassed tech they’ve built for it will not be replicable for quite some time, and for some studios, potentially not replicable at all. With that will come increased pressure to adopt UE, and further the need for significant justification to not adopt. I’m sure I speak for a majority of in-house engine developers when I say that we’re waiting very anxiously to see UE5 in action.

2 Likes

Could be third party things like knockout city coming later this month I thought said xbox gamepass ultimate day 1. Which in my mind made sense because it being EA I figured having EA Play would make sense. But thinking on it more I could see it as a way for Microsoft to get more day 1 games but put them behind ultimate and drive their price down as less people would have it.

Nothing, because I’m assuming the entire thing is just full of typos and mistakes. Hopefully we get a response in the morning from Xbox.

1 Like

Back in the day when engine licensing was just starting, Epic already was ahead of the game. Id would just provide you with source code and make files and expected you to just get on with it. You could pay $$$ for an hour phone conversation with Carmack (or another id engineer) if you needed help. Epic had dedicated engineers to support companies that license unreal. Unreal’s documentation was also excellent. Epic ran their engine licensing as a real business while id did it as a side project. The Unreal editor/tools was so much better then id’s. I’m so old I use to use the unreal editor when the gui was written in visual basic. It’s safe to say all the work Epic did back in they day has made them king of the game engine…

1 Like

Looks like an error.

Every other online page has the day one release mentioned for the regular plan.

1 Like

This looks intentional…

If it is, they need to be very careful with the messaging. Not Xbox’s strong suit.

if this is true and the changes don’t hit pc version($10 one) as well then MS is asking to be criticized people won’t like it

1 Like

I fucking love this game!

2 Likes

standard gamepass without day 1 first party is just asking for humongous backlash, they can’t be that stupid.

5 Likes

Could be the whole xbox live price hike all over again

I doubt it. Day 1 is an Xbox philosophy.

They wanted to kill XLG essentially to move over to XGPU.