XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Consistency is not Tim Sweeney best feature, lmao. It will lose again and again vs Apple. He is playing a dangerous game siding with Tencent and Sony imo.

2 Likes

GamePass is a truly industry shaking service that may change the way video games are played. A lot of people are either confused about how it could ever make money, or are genuinely concerned that Microsoft might have a great generation.

2 Likes

Man I just hope Microsoft knocks it out of the fucking park at E3. Even if we have to wait for a lot of stuff, just having a really good E3 could help ease the wait even if Starfield is Spring 2022.

Nadella was mentored by Hastings, co-founder of Netflix. Heā€™s called Game Pass Netflix of Games. Take a look at the growth chart and tell me where 22 million subs after 4 years with light equivalent of Netflix Originals and streaming not being a thing yet is something to be concerned about.

7 Likes

Got to say, it seems unnecessary to ban Tiger for their posts in this thread. If that is why they were banned.

Canā€™t we just hash these things out amongst ourselves, or use the function to ignore a user, or flag posts?

That ban seems pretty heavy handed to me.

2 Likes

Itā€™s repeated behavior. I got the same shit for my meltdown posts.

Harsh but fair.

3 Likes

For most I would assume itā€™s the latter. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

As long as the subscriber count is going up by a significant margin every quarter, Game Pass is sustainable and profitable. End of story. If the sub count slows significantly in spite of all the content being made available at some point in the future, THEN you can be worried about sustainability and profitability.

Then and only then will ā€œIs game pass sustainable/profitableā€ not be console war FUD.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t say anything about repeat behaviour in the ban reason. It says no constructive reason for posting, antagonising community. Which I donā€™t get. Tiger was saying that maybe Game Pass isnā€™t making money. So what? How is that antagonising us? I said something similar.

Just seems harsh to me.

Itā€™s the the straw that broke the modā€™s back.

Like me with my doomposting sometimes and gifs.

It wasnā€™t just this thread, it was cumulative across many threads.

So it was ā€œantagonizing the communityā€ in multiple threads with actions that could be considered console warring and trolling.

Not my first encounter with this person that made me go :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You said something similar, yet heā€™s banned and youā€™re not. Maybe thereā€™s a reason for that. :wink:

Iā€™m just relating my personal experienceā€¦

Mine was multiple infractions across a time frame, not just a ā€œOne strike your outā€.

This was just my experience so youā€™re milage may vary, but if this is anything like that, itā€™s multiple stuff across multiple posts multiple times.

Now if you donā€™t mind Iā€™m going to test @OneBadMutha patience and saturate the XGS OT with Crackdown gifs.

This game is dead. Better invest in ReCore.

Disagreements are welcome and make for good discussion as long as theyā€™re respectful. Making accusations against journalist with no evidence or spamming the same thing without adding addition insights or nuance is a no-go. Hope that explanation of the moderation helps.

11 Likes

ReCore to the :rocket:

Heretic!

I have no worries at all if Game Pass is profitable or not. If these big XGS are still coming to it day and date, along with great stuff every month Iā€™m good and I bet MS/Xbox is good too.

1 Like

What if we turned Crackdown into a cryptocurrency?

Orbcoin?

What about a Crackdown 4 NFT?

I would like to see both. If I had to choose only one though, I would probably go with ReCore because I really think thereā€™s huge potential with that IP. I kept getting ā€œthis could be a great open world Mega Man gameā€ vibes from it.

1 Like

I wonder when Returnal cracks a 90+ Meta and gets big sales and probable GOTY nominations if Microsoft could revisit the franchise of ReCore.

I mean theyā€™re kind of the same game in a way but not really.