XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Maybe I shouldn’t have ghosted that old gypsy woman after that one night stand…

1 Like

Folks don’t really want to delve into "business accounting’, everyone knows it’s just console warring and concern trolling.

7 Likes

Don’t worry I don’t think anyone want to miss out on your legendary rants, GIFs and curses. :phil_lmao:

They’re AAAA-quality.

1 Like

PS Plus is worse than Gold this month and it was shit last month as well. Feel like I’m getting totally shafted because I have PS Now and EA Play.

3 Likes

I personally don’t care to try and figure out if a company worth 2 trillion is making money or not with a service that is offering me great value personally. Also constantly stating that trusted industry veterans are lying to make the company look better is a no-go here. Thanks to all of you guys for keeping it civil.

19 Likes

Boooo!

I wanted a green post!

You made a liar out of me!

Because people don’t want to admit that there’s something good outside of the PlayStation platform.

For a whole gen, PS dominated alone, now their rivals are alive and well, people forgot how it used to be on 7th gen.

2 Likes

We generally don’t like to highlight it when we ban people for any length of time and the conversation was fine after the action was taken so no need for a green post. To add some transparency for things like this it might take a while at times because we have a lengthy discussion between everyone that works on the site.

2 Likes

If it’s making money, it’s making money. Doesn’t matter where that money is reinvested.

But obviously it could be what you describe & that would be cool with me :+1:

I had a perfectly good GIF lined up for the green post.

Do you know how it takes to me to find the perfect GIF for a serious Mod response?

Seconds.

Literally seconds.

Wasted.

(Please read this in a joking tone)

this

What doest Game Pass profitability even mean? Operating profit, net income? And to claim investors would be happy about Game Pass profitability is also highly doubtful. That would mean Microsoft wouldn’t invest every cent they make on Game Pass directly into the growth of the service. And shareholders want growth in a subscription service foremost.

22million subs at 8-15$ monthly possibly along with all the sales on the consoles.

Seems pretty good to me

Fuck you Epic.

2 Likes

#FreeFortnite

Am I doing this right Tim?

3 Likes

Entirely understandable and something I can appreciate. I expect there is plenty going on behind the scenes at all times. I wanted to extend my thanks to everyone who works to make this place what it is. It’s not easy being behind the curtain while the natives are restless.

3 Likes

Hey I resemble that remark!

Myself included.

1 Like

Don’t want to shamelessly plug my own stuff…but the Netflix of Games article explains how these types of services work. Background of Nadella and Hastings should tell you he understood what he was getting into (as if being the head of a 2 trillion dollar corporation wasn’t enough). For anyone who fears the lack of profitability of Game Pass, read that and push back all you want. I’d love a good faith discussion.

14 Likes

I really can’t bring myself to care about whether Gamepass (or any other service) is profitable. The sad reality is that the majority of people bringing this up are doing so for console war purposes.

Think of it this way, the PS5 is being sold for a loss. Sony isn’t making a profit on the console itself, so Is anybody worried about that? Is Sony going to have to stop selling Playstations? The obvious answer is no, because the console itself is a gateway to revenue from games, services, etc.

Gamepass is a similar vehicle. We can all twist and spin and interpret data however we like to fit our made up narratives, but in the end, who cares? All I know is that I like the service and I’m going to keep paying for it because it’s awesome.

8 Likes