XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

I checked out the tutorial and a little bit of expedition on 2nd Extinction on Game Pass during my lunch break, and wow it exceeded my expectations! It looks and plays so great on my Series X, and man it is fun to be mowing through some dinosaurs. I highly recommend checking this one out.

3 Likes

Adding it to the list

I think that “it’s making money” and “it’s not making money” a really extreme way to see things.

It IS obviously making enough money to sustain itself and make a profit from it, is it making an absurd amount of money so MS can boast about it? Probably not, but it’s totally fine.

1 Like

About Second Extinction, cross posting my first impressions from Era:

Played Second Extinction for a while. Cool game and gameplay, but it’s a co-op game through and through, it’s near impossible to play it solo… Unless you go to Expeditions and choose the minimum threat areas, and even there it’s hard af without support. Guess I’ll wait and see if my friends want to play it sometime.

If you know anything about the financial world and subscription services, the moment a service becomes profitable it’s a big deal, and something a company would certainly brag about.

Fun Fact. As of right now, after being a massive success for many years, Netflix is still spending more each year than they make. In most cases it’s hard to make money on subscription services. There is a reason Sony and Nintendo are not eager to jump into this world like Microsoft have.

He is informed on Ayn Rand and other libertarianism wet dreams, speaking without thinking, speaking without care and empathy and being a privileged half-wit.

He is of a no benefit to any community and should not be held up as any kind of representative.

I’ll stop the rant there :slight_smile: as I don’t know him personally, its possible he conducts himself very well in private and only comes across as pillock in public for “reasons” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I mean, Gaming Revenue was up 50% on last quarter alone. It was certainly not driven by Gears Tactics and The Medium.

9 Likes

i’ve been subbed to Netflix for 6 years now and not once i’ve stopped to think

“wait a fucking second, but is this making money for them?”

15 Likes

I think all that Game Pass money is being reinvested to get more games on to the service till they reach a critical mass where it is making boatloads of money and still pay the developers and publishers on the service.

3 Likes

Gamepass discourse and concern trolling go hand and hand. :laughing:

11 Likes

plus unlike netflix Microsoft has ways to make money off the Games on the service.

2 Likes

Or it could just be breaking even. Who knows? Honestly, whatever it is it is. All I care about is Microsoft/Sony doing what’s best for me personally and thus far, I have no complaints or concerns with either.

You’re right…It was Enlisted

4 Likes

The entire gaming industry saw a huge surge in sales in the last year because of the pandemic.

And that is a fine position to take. The problem is people claiming to know Game Pass is profitable right now, which is a laughable claim, and lots of people believing that lie, which in turns skews their perceptions of the entire industry and drives absurd conversations like “why aren’t Sony and Nintendo doing this”, etc.

If we’re going to have honest conversations around this industry they should at least be based on reality, and not what some twitter Xbox hype man is telling his eager followers.

1 Like

Yeah. I bought so much games I would not have bought because of GP. I even buy games that are still on the service, like Street of Rage 4 recently, to support the devs and to be sure I won’t forget later. But that’s just me.

Also, some people don’t understand that game pass is NOT FREE. Suscribing to Game pass IS paying for games !! Cost is subsidized, but devs get the money you give every month !

So buying the game later is like paying the game twice in a sense that you already paid to play it. That’s why Game pass is genius. It makes you think that it’s too good to be true and makes you more willing to buy other games. For me, at least, it works…

2 Likes

Here is the thing I was teasing the other day. Shadow drop of a Series version of The Sinking City. Somehow still not 4k on YouTube but I’m happy with how the review came out since I only had 4 days to play the entire game, write the review, narrate it, and edit the video together.

16 Likes

VGC stated bloober and a prominent Japanese studio I have no idea who it would be with sony Japan studios dead

I don’t think streaming services have sad fanatics looking to discredit other services.

4 Likes

I’ll also add there is a very sad culture where people are celebrating mega corporations making money only because they are so attached to a brand that they want the company to “win” monetarily.

As a fan I only care that Xbox does well so they can continue investing in gaming. I’m not worried that rich people continue to be rich. Fans shouldn’t defend or celebrate a company making money because they want to use it as ammo for console wars.

11 Likes

I agree i want xbox to do well to but too often people just want to console war like i’m glad playstation is doing good but can we do it without crapping on what xbox has done and vice versa.