XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

One reason is so that you don’t have to switch between offline and online when games or the operating system need updated.

They are always updated without you noticing.

2 Likes

Exactly. The amount of backlog you can get being offline for a while, of game updates, system updates, gamepass updates, store updates, app updates. They all usually pretty small on their own. But you go long enough and suddenly want to play a game online and have 20 things queuing to install. That can be a pain

1 Like

I think it’s because us Americans spell it as “Judgment” rather than “Judgement”. Even as an American I was confused when I found out… I was spelling it as “Judgement” for quite a while.

1 Like

hmmmm poll from Gamespot

Was this posted already? It’s about AMD FidelityFX.

AHH. AFTER 10,000 YEARS I’M FREE. TIME TO SHITPOST ON XBOXERA

20 Likes

Welcome back prog!

1 Like

Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

5 Likes

1 Like

So I actually have a lot of say about some of the going ons lately.

Not exactly a doom post, but a frustration post none the less.

Not directed at XboxERA, but at the general world.

I got the the Xbox OS update in the beta ring last night that includes the new Quick Resume grouping of games where you can actually see which games are currently able to be quick resumed and even remove one from that state if you want. This is going to be a game changer for how I have started playing games with Xbox Game Pass. I happened to see that I had New Super Lucky’s Tale in my quick resume games which I had honestly forgotten about when I first tested it through several levels at 120 fps with the FPS Boost feature, and I ended up playing it more last night (game is actually really fun with the improvements and high frame rate). This will be really cool to hop between my game experiences that much easier.

2 Likes

Did I miss something lol

I went on a little mod-mandated vacation.

1 Like

I worked for a healthcare company and we had a device marketed to, (well the NHS since patients dont buy anything) older patients to track their vitals over time and keep an eye on their chronic conditions, and some of the tripe you would hear from the top and marketing about how “Mrs Smith will login on her set top box and type in this like a 2000’s SMS” blissfully ignorant about how actual pensioners could cope with the byzantine solution we had.

Every time we tried to say differently we were shot down, so I have nothing but sympathy for devs and Engineers who have to deal with “the board” when it comes to this. :smiley:

2 Likes

Kat Graham Netflix GIF by GIF Registry

4 Likes

Frustration Level: High

So some shit happened while I was on my mandatory vacation yeah?

It’s all kind of frustrating. For weeks now, we’ve all heard about is this “narrative”. PS fans were “upset about the narrative” like the media were “hounding them”.

Then yesterday, after another massive news dump, that narrative suddenly went away again. It was like in one week PS was able to turn the narrative around because Returnal looks cool. It didn’t matter what Bloomberg wrote, what Jason wrote, suddenly it was taking PlayStation PR at face value and suddenly all was right with the world.

Why doesn’t Xbox get that benefit of the doubt? Jez says that Xbox has 23 million GamePass subscribers and everyone talks about how “the numbers must be fake” or “Jez is Xbox PR”, yet PlayStation says the opposite of what Jason S says and they believe them at face value?

This fucking double standard man. It kills me inside.

Also I have to once again give PlayStation props for something that should be like an easy-win for Xbox.

They announced that thing on Thursday about working with those Destiny vets on that new multiplayer game. They generated hype without revealing A. SINGLE. DAMN. THING.

They also did it like 8 weeks to E3 give or take?

I wish Microsoft did that.

Just put a statement with the Xbox X DEV NAME logo that says “Hey we’re cooking up something special here with DEV NAME. We hope to show more soon”. It’s a great an easy way to still have 'Wait to E3" moment, while not allowing your competition to continue score easy PR wins.

I get that Microsoft wants to spread out their news over bits and pieces to stay in the headlines, but man, I so want another “March” blitz. We had the Bethesda roundtable with the exclusivity talk, followed by Outriders Day 1 announcement, followed the next day by Octopath outta nowhere, and Undertale. Man what a blitz that was. I want it again.

I’m just depressed that’s all.

I got my precious dog (the one who just died in a tragic accident) like right before Microsoft E3 2018. So when she died suddenly from the accident and Xbox news dried up, my stupid brand thought there was a collaboration between the two. Imagine thinking all the good business moves Microsoft made was basic you had a dog. I’m crazy aren’t I? Her death has hit me hard and the sudden week break from Xbox news made me out of my mind, as if I was somehow responsible for both.

Furthermore, that news about PlayStation 5 generation “having more exclusives than ever” makes me apprehensive that Sony is just going to buy their way out of “trouble” again. It’d suck to have Sony just say “We’re selling X number of million of consoles this generation, so you have to do what we say” and get away with it, but I guess that’s the benefits of being king. You’d think that 23 million GamePass subs would mean something about stopping Sony’s bullshit against that stuff.

Hopefully as we get closer to E3, since we’re in the single digit weeks, we can start getting more positive news for Xbox, and some decent feelers on what to expect for E3.

2 Likes

Prog man, aside from the dog situation, which sucks real bad, I think you’re taking this console war stuff too personal

Don’t let it get you down like this. Of course there are double standards. Especially when it’s people who have an obvious bias as fans, and a monitary motivation to cater to a certain majority, like the gaming media

Screw em

9 Likes

I’ve had a lot built up over the “vacation” and I need to get it out on paper.

The console war bullshit is just because I spend so much time on “OtherERA” that shits leaks into my brain. Probably doesn’t help I follow Timdog on Twitter either lol.

But it’s frustrating to see the double standard in real time

Stop reading toxic forums.

11 Likes

But sadly otherERA is were I get my news. It’s crazy how instantious it is from announcement to OtherERA.