XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

You turn your online connection off?

Yes. I play off-line. I don’t play co-op/MP so unless a game requires an internet connection for me to play the game, im always off-line when playing games.

But why? :smiley:

More like, why not? Playing a game solo against CPU AI enemies, I don’t see any reason, purpose or benefit to being connected online when I don’t play with/against other players.

I asked this exact same question recently when Peter complained because constantly going offline & then back online was causing him issues. My suggestion was “just stay online” & his answer was “but I don’t want to” :sweat_smile:

Just forget it dude, what he is doing makes zero sense but he insists on doing it anyway.

3 Likes

What doesn’t make sense is staying online to play a game that doesn’t require an internet connection. Like, why? What reason or purpose is there to being online when playing a single player off-line game solo? Answer: There isn’t any.

You can always make yourself appear offline :thinking: also I see no benefits to play offline in general useless you have no connection :flushed:

1 Like

I just don’t see any valid reason as to why I should keep the Xbox (or PS5 for that matter) connected online when playing a game that has NO online elements, components or requires an internet connection.

But whatever.

Nah. What doesn’t make sense is doing a thing for no reason at all, like intentionally going offline, especially when it creates issues that you then complain about which would not happen if you just didn’t do the thing (go offline) in the first place.

You’re like a child biting it’s thumb & then crying when it hurts. Only difference is that children learn not to do it again.

But whatever, you just keep doing your thing man. I’m sure it’ll work out different for you eventually.

4 Likes

Being offline has only ever created extra work for you. You have to plug/unplug as well as troubleshoot when you have issues with things trying to run offline.

Only reason I can imagine doing what youre doing is it being online gives you some security concerns.

2 Likes

I used to play offline as well all the time but that was due to data caps that have since been lifted. I will agree with Peter that there is some work to do with offline play in rate limited areas. Anywho, I play solely online now.

1 Like

“In the end, Games are all that matters”

I couldn’t agree more.

5 Likes

Games is all that matters like the positive reaction of the Tomb Raider exclusivity.

3 Likes

Till Gamepass have value - I am subbed to it.

Also, will second extinction have any kind of narration or story in the game?

Well that was a shitty timed exclusive deal that just took the game away from other people for a while, for no reason. Those always suck.

Better to say, “Games are all that matters
 Except the ones that we don’t count for arbitrary reasons. Those ones don’t matter”

1 Like

There are achievements for completing “core missions”, though I’m not really sure what those are.

Wait, what the hell? The game is called Judgment? I’ve been calling it Judgement all this time

I want to know who is saying that Xbox is suddenly the market leader lol. The discourse the last few months is about Xbox being agressive with its marketing, yes, but not that they are now the market leader.

Besides, how are we defining market leader and for what? Gaming? If that is the case then Sony is not the market leader, Apple is in terms of how much revenue they generate from gaming.

If we are talking about consoles, sure, Sony is technically the market leader. However, market leaders also, you know, lead the industry into new trends and horizons and for me Nintendo and Xbox are doing a better job at that in my opinion at the moment: Nintendo with the idea of a hybrid console and Xbox with Game Pass and Xbox becoming platform agnostic.

4 Likes

Apple isn’t event in top 5 anymore from a revenue perspective, Netease is. Google and Apple profit greatly from their app stores, but they have never broken the 10 billions wall, they never even came close, it’s the reason behind Stadia and Apple Arcade, they want MORE. XD

Sony had a plethora of exclusives since launch : Godfall, Destruction All-Stars, Bugsnax. Now, it’s Returnal
later on, they’ll have Kena, Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo
 But that’s not really what people want to be excited about. They want the next Uncharted, God of War, Horizon, Gran Turismo but these games seems so far out.

Getting exclusivity deals is not the same as making your own games, that’s what people always said no ? So it’s not just about games, it’s about exclusive SIE AAA for whatever it means. It always has been.

2 Likes