XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Worth considering to these were predominately games from Microsoft’s “close partners.” BioWare/EA, Bethesda etc really launched some disappointing games this gen. Hopefully that’s remembered going forward. Especially with Bioware’s next projects.

I don’t imagine you kick down the boardroom door at EA and say “Hey you assholes I paid for Anthem to be on my E3 stage” but I imagine everyone is aware of that when it comes to discussing future deals.

Its as simple as that.

As soon as I read this I knew hindle wouldn’t respond to it. Too much reason lol.

Machine games are not all hands on wolfenstien 3. That’s not an opinion it’s a fact.

1 Like

I still don’t know why everyone was willing to accept sponger’s infornation on Avowed but completely seem to be ignoring his target release date of 2022.

Like there is zero reason to believe Machinegames and an Indiana Jones game should take 6 years to make even with covid.

1 Like

if we see fable this year then it will be 2022 title.

i will gladly eat a crow if Fable released before Avowed

I’m amazed that anyone can think a licensed game would take 7 years to make. I mean, seriously. :joy:

1 Like

Like I get Covid is a thing and you can get conservative but there is a bit too much in some of these timelines.

Also a quick look at MachineGames output shows they are efficient and fast.

2025 - Halo Infinite

2030 - Avowed

2050 - Fable

2150 - Forza Motorsport

2500 - Hellblade 2

3000 - Indiana Jones

These are my generous estimates. Will probably be delayed another few centuries though.

8 Likes

I can see Avowed being late 2022 but if Fable is ready to go, I see Avowed being pushed to Spring 2023 because having the return of Fable for the Fall/Holiday season is the better move over the new IP since the Fall/Holiday season is always packed and stacked.

I’m pretty sure that Wolfenstein III is basically done at this point. I’m expecting a June story trailer followed by a long gameplay segment and a September release date before all the heavy hitting FPS games release.

Like Id expect the xbox roadmap to be what Peter shares with the hope of Starfield 2021 instead of 22. Apart from that I think he is spot on.

Obsidian have around 3 projects on tap at the moment.

Josh Sawyer’s IP.

Avowed.

Outer World’s 2.

The studio is absolutely filled with industry vets, so I expect a late 2022 release date for Avowed is more than reasonable…

1 Like

Ya I thought it was pretty good. I do think avowed is ahead of fable though.

Think both will be out within a year of each other and we will be overdosing on RPG’s.

You forgot Grounded!

Oh boy speculation about this hasn’t been any higher

More partnerships xbox wont benefit on their platform!

2 Likes

*Grounded 1.0.

So four teams of varying sizes.

The reasons why I believe Starfield is 2022 because other games may not be ready so with a packed Fall 2021, there’s no reason to squash it in and then leave 2022 empty like what 2021 has been. If it wasn’t for Halo Infinite, I would be more accepting of Starfield being Fall 2021 but once they announced Halo Infinite for Fall 2021 and we all know it’s November so I just don’t see Microsoft putting these two massive games and IP’s close together.

Sad but true.

I am holding to a plan of one major first party RPG per year, with COVID potentially delaying them by ~6 months.

2021 - Starfield (might push to Q1 2022)

2022 - Avowed (might push to Q1 2023)

2023 - Fable

2024 - InXile

2025 - Elder Scrolls

After that I expect an Outer Worlds 2 from Obsidian and a Fallout from the other InXile team.