XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Have to say, this bet could go either way I think. 2026 or 27 could be about right for Indiana Jones.

Be interesting to see what happens.

2 Likes

Considering Machine Games has never not made a game in less than 4 years Im sure they will get it out before then.

ahhhh nah my guy 2027 ? unless the game have trouble in development i won’t see that happening.

it will be 2024-2026 title

1 Like

I think its fine to take covid into account without spamming 3 years of development into a timeline for no reason.

2 Likes

Any project in full dev will be hampered as the devs have to be at home during this time. Which means dev slows to a crawl. Especially for titles like Fable and Perfect Dark where there is new studios and devs who have never worked together. The studio culture is not there.

Indy is not coming anytime soon. Machine are all hands on deck for Wolfenstein III.

sure but not every team will be the same. some teams will adapt better and some will still needs some work.

1 Like

that’s why i said 2024-2026

i expect it in these three years

2024, 2025 and 2027

also wolf 3 probably in polishing stages or end of development stages they won’t need full studio manpower behind it

1 Like

Machinegames has put out 6 games in 5 years.

1 Like

The teams who have been together for decades, Obsidian, Rare, will get it sorted. The teams who are newly formed, TI, PG Fable team, will take time to adjust.

1 Like

Fable has literally been in development/production since 2018.

A large bulk of the team working on it have been together for a while.

2 Likes

My prediction for release dates -

• Flight Simulator (August)
  • Wolfenstein III (September)
  • Forza Horizon 5 (October)
  • Halo Infinite (November)

• Starfield (March)
  • Hellblade 2 (Summer)
  • Forza Motorsport (September)
  • Fable (November)

• Everwild (March)
  • Avowed (May)
  • Gears 6 (September/October)

• State of Decay 3 (March)
  • Forza Horizon (Fall/platform like Motorsport)
  • Perfect Dark (November)

• Indiana Jones (Spring)
  • The Elder Scrolls VI (Fall)

The above does not include any unannounced games (excluding Gears 6 because well, come on, it’s a given), Deathloop or Ghostwire Tokyo as I will wait to see when they actually release for PlayStation 5 before putting a date on it for Xbox.

How they mention 200 people are planning to work on the game tells me full dev wasn’t started. This article merely leaks MS intention to reboot Fable with PG.

I think full production started last year, and the trailer they showed at E3 was a proof of concept.

ahh my guy Fable will never be released before Avowed.

Avowed even have a chance to hit 2022 although i’m personally expect it 2023

1 Like

Hindle you really think they spent 2-3 years with absolutely nothing to show for? This game is gonna be out in 2 years tops and saying full production barely started last year is extremely conservative. Microsoft doesnt like to show stuff until its close to release and that doesnt mean Fable is that far out.

The fable trailer if anything was to officially confirm the worst kept secret in gaming and to let people know fable humor is still in.

hmm i think full production started late 2019 but with in 2020 they have slowed down couple of months

We’ll see about that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

keep in mind there was another RPG game but everyone declined their pitch even MS :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao:, in 2018 MS offered them to work on fable to reboot the IP.

it takes time to reboot game IP it’s not easy

Lol you where saying this stuff long before he said anything. I feel like Jeff grub, klobrille, and jez could(and do) say something and you will completely ignore it.

Klobrille just said the other day that the only Microsoft games with an internal release date beyond 2023 are likely elder scrolls 6 and state of decay.

From what I know based on others on ResetEra back in late 2017, this is somewhat true. But it wasn’t rebooted. Their open world game was simply adjusted to become Fable after Microsoft acquired Playground Games because they were barely into development. Phil basically says it at E3 2018. Late 2017 to late 2022 equals 5 years. Unless the game is massive which I highly doubt, there’s no way that it’s taking more than five years even with Covid-19. Besides, they can have a smaller action RPG and release paid expansions afterwards.

2 Likes