XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

beating a dead mf horse at this point tbh lol

1 Like

All these companies have been doing all this shit for decades…consumer outcry isn’t changing what any company wants to do. If they want to pay for shit, they will. If consumers don’t like it, too bad.

Honestly, I don’t have any Apple products or have ever looked into their shit because I don’t care so I can’t say one way or the other.

Anyway, after what ACG said, I’m sure the industry is done with the Sony business model for now.

No amount of money will equal the amount of benefits GP brings to everyone.

This reminds of FF7Remake, the remake for the ages… Selling only 5~7 millions in months…

4 Likes

So consumers should just sit down and be quiet? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I didn’t say that. You can speak up all you want but if a company doesn’t want to change their decision, they’re simply not going to no matter how many people speak up about it especially if it involves a third party because it becomes way more of a legal issue than people think.

why are you still on this lmaooooooo

1 Like

Because it’s true.

If you want a company to change something, you need that company to change their direction and philosophy. If that doesn’t change, it simply isn’t going to. If something involves another company like Sony paying for timed exclusivity, it’s not as easy or simple like people may think it is.

You literally did say that. Also, you’re missing the point. No one (literally no one) is saying that people complaining about this will force these companies to cancel their current deals. What we’re saying is that voicing our displeasure might influence them to not make these deals in the future.

6 Likes

I didn’t say you can’t speak up. I said that it’s most likely not doing to do anything. You talk about it influencing them for future decisions but it hasn’t and isn’t.

Sony/Microsoft/whoever have been making these deals for decades and people have complained about them for decades. Has anything changed in this regard? Nope. They still do the same exact shit which proves my point that speaking up isn’t going to change anything if the company itself doesn’t want to change.

I think we could agree that MS hasn’t done nothing even remotely scummy as Sony timed deals since the Tomb Raider or the FIFA Legends deals. Both of them more than 4-5 years ago, all Mattrick contracs I think, they are too different from Phil strategy since he got the power, I don’t think he signed that stuff, he inherited it.

1 Like

I can agree with this because the company’s direction changed with Phil Spencer in charge. The only way thing changes is if the company’s direction changes.

1 Like

So people should stop trying to change something they don’t like because “Lol, hasn’t worked yet”?

Anyway, the original point was if people want to complain about something, they should. I’m happy for you that you don’t feel the need to do so.

1 Like

People should try to change stuff but depends on what it is. If it’s important and serious, sure. But gaming? Nah. Sorry. It’s interactive entertainment. Stuff I like, I buy and stuff I don’t I ignore. That’s it. I’m not going to waste my time with stuff like this because I know it has a 99% chance of NOT changing so why would I waste my time? For that 1%? Hell no. Life is too short for fighting battles I know im not going to win.

Hmm, I suspect that with the rise of Game Pass and MS doubling down on Outriders and MLB like deals, these Sony money hats will become very unpopular in the following years.

Saying “we believe in generations” and then…not

Best I got

If I’m being honest, I actually agree with you. On a fundamental level, I don’t really care about this issue because gaming isn’t that important to me. I’ll gladly give you my opinion on the matter if asked (I don’t like it), but I’m not going to sign a petition or write a “To whom it may concern” letter.

But, I’m also not going to try and convince someone else that they shouldn’t do those things if they feel strongly enough about it. That’s my entire point. It’s not all about you Peter (I mean, to you it is, I guess… whatever). :smile:

5 Likes

I agree and hopefully, it plays out that way.

Hahaha. I do find it hilarious that people started a petition to get rid of Jim Ryan which isn’t going to happen but that’s hilarious nevertheless.

I agree with you. People should do that. I only speak up/stand up for stuff that I know I have 100% control of and can actually change because im not depending on anyone or anything to do so. That’s all. I concern myself with the stuff in life that I can control and ignore the shit I can’t because ugh, it’s just a waste of my time and accomplishes nothing.

1 Like

Yep. That honestly was the first thing I thought of too and it’s definitely possible too. If they do I hope MS has a “answer” to it, basically be more aggressive, haha.

2 Likes

There is a somewhat interesting note in the description for the Game Stack Live keynote address tomorrow at 11:00 AM EST. Read the last sentence (bold is mine), wonder what this might be.

This past year has challenged all of us in the game development community like no other. Join Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond, and other Microsoft gaming leaders to reflect on the past 12 months, and how we as an industry have risen to the challenge, with new innovations driving changes in production, especially around the cloud. Get highlights of the most impactful talks, including a news reveal of particular impact for independent game developers.

3 Likes

Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone thought like this? A good chunk of the country (US) wouldn’t even be able to vote.

Not to suggest gaming is anything remotely similar to that. Just seems like a poor way of looking at things.

3 Likes