XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

You’re erroneously assuming I’m only talking about Sony and Microsoft.

4 Likes

Everyone has a price. If Sony offers enough, Capcom will make a move like this. I don’t really care who you choose to blame, but writing it off as “just business” doesnt do any good.

1 Like

They don’t have to void an existing contract. They just need to know not to sign another one.

2 Likes

I have PS, Switch, Xbox and a shitey PC. I still don’t like it. No one is crying though so not sure where that’s coming from. As consumers have a right to call out any company acting against our interests.

3 Likes

Lol but there are literal factual reports saying MS is doing exactly this for some indies. At some point, you have to realize it’s not all about console bs, the ID@Xbox program can be more philosophically driven in simply helping indies ship games without having too many shackles on what these devs go on to do with their games and in some cases, help them in ways that seem counterintuitive to a platform’s need for only caring about itself.

2 Likes

Lets hope Sony doesnt moneyhat all the games

2 Likes

Lol

exactly this. I don’t know why Peter is misconstruing us as to think we want Phil to barge into rooms and tear out official deal papers and null contracts lmaooo, all of us here are just like “maybe just not do that from the next time cuz that’s shitty as hell”, that goes to both Sony and Microsoft, both the platforms and the publishers.

1 Like

In general, it’s every company. But Sony and Microsoft can control their own stuff. Neither can control what Square or Capcom does.

To each their own but I will always see it as business because that’s exactly what it is. It’s not about consumers. If it was, they would all come to us FIRST but they don’t. So again, it’s just business. I will never see it any other way regardless of which of the big three do it.

But why? If it works and makes their brand better, more profitable, why wouldn’t they continue? Microsoft did this for the entire Xbox 360 generation and with ROTTR. I didn’t cry or bitch. Instead, I bought an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One because I didn’t want to wait to play the games. Point being is that people crying about isn’t going to change any of it because once a contract is signed, companies aren’t going to void it because doing so would be more hassle and trouble than what it’s worth.

You have the right to call them out but at the same time, why bother? When you know it’s something that will not get changed, why waste your time? It’s like, pick your battles that you know you can win. Most of these battles, consumers aren’t going to win. Plus, when has a company ever gone to a consumer first and ask for permission to do something? They don’t because they don’t need our permission or approval. If we don’t like what they do, too bad. I don’t like that Sony cancelled Days Gone 2 but oh well, I can’t do anything about it. Sony isn’t going to change that decision so it’s just well, too bad for me but complaining about it or this or that, why even bother?

That’s great and all but I wouldn’t do that. LOL. I would never pay for a game to be made and my competition still gets it. Hell no. In general, it’s great that Microsoft does that and would be better if Sony/Nintendo do the same but that’s just not going to happen.

I’m not asking them to? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not saying that. Timed Exclusivity deals are shitty but none of them is my call or decision to make. What is my decision is I can either own both consoles which I do and play the timed exclusive game on the console it releases on first or I can wait. Either way, I have never complained about any timed exclusivity deal regardless of who does it because me crying about isn’t going to all of a sudden make them change their mind.

You DON’T want to see Sony moneyhat Metal Gear Survive 2??? Come on, that would be hilarious.

You say this in the wake of two major shitty decisions from Xbox and PlayStation, that crying did in fact change.

1 Like

I should make it clear, I’m not particularly mad at all, especially with the timed exclusivity thing. I get it. What I do feel is a shitty thing to do is hamstring crossplay and cross-save, and there’s big precedent to be annoyed by that because Sony has historically been atrocious when it came to these aspects, and it took literal inescapable industry shifters like Fortnite to basically force Sony to adopt these, while MS was doing it much before. That’s the part that I felt was completely unnecessary to do.

1 Like

Really odd stance to take, lol.

Not with that attitude they won’t. :smile:

True but NEITHER involved a third party company. Situations are NOT the same.

I agree but I don’t blame Sony for caring about their brand and eco-system. And thus, wanting consumers to spend their money in their eco-system as opposed to somewhere else.

Hahaha. :slight_smile:

Don’t see what difference that makes. We arent talking about voiding a deal in place. We are talking about consumer outcry influencing their future decisions.

5 Likes

Yep just like how banjo was at e3 2019

I assume you also don’t blame Apple when they make questionable decisions to keep people in their ecosystem?

2 Likes