XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Given this chip shortage currently i wonder what percentage of chips they allocate to the cloud as opposed to consoles. My guess about 10%.

:green_heart:

9 Likes

In the data center Xbox uses higher clocked Xbox Series X chips with fewer CUs, I think it was 48. So chips with some defects unusable in a consumer Series X get crammed in a server blade. But other parts of the server motherboard may be affected by the chip shortage.

1 Like

Xbox should jump on Super league imo great Advertising opportunity here, it will be watched by the globe.

1 Like

Video I circled was already taken down

3 Likes

What was it

Donā€™t know one of my friends sent me the screenshot on Facebook he mentioned that the comments think its legit so Iā€™m guessing chief in smash?

Oh cool, I was wondering about this.

The Rainway thing is neat and Iā€™m happy for that dude, but Iā€™m more interested in playing PC games on my Xbox :sweat_smile:

There is hope for you, but probably still far off.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1384154390630592521

And if you are in a Teams meeting with Phil and wondering why the stream quality tanks?

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1384160183677456393

8 Likes

Itd be a waste of bandwidth and memory butā€¦ can you imagine Quick Resume synching across cloud and console?

Master chief in smash :hot_face:

The new feature is the suspend feature and other games pass features

1 Like

That would be a e3 caliber announcement

3 Likes

From my quick look through whatā€™s availableā€¦ Orion is developer focused and requires changes for each particular game for Client and Server changes. That would require individual applications for each game and a server as well. Itā€™s nothing generic like playing all games in a browser via a stream.

Suspend feature should make people happy.

I really need the store feature to return on the xbox app, but i guess the removal of it made me impulse buy less, ha

In Europe, we donā€™t create new leagues like that, itā€™s just not our culture. So, there is no way Super League goes through. Players will be banned from playing in their respective national teams if they do, so it means itā€™s dead in the water. It is what is. I donā€™t really care about football, but it would be like making your own Olympics, itā€™s just not possible, not in Europe where the Champions League is an institution. What it does is pressuring the organization, because they know they canā€™t do it, so it is just threats and politics ta this point. There is no way they secede like that from the major competition, because UEFA would go nuclear against them.

Tl;dr : Klobrille is right.

2 Likes

Bullied Sony into reversing their decision. Who knew that speaking out works.

16 Likes

There is no way sponsors will allow Uefa nor fifa to put up international tournaments without the biggest stars its all nonsense. Tell fifa they have to market that blood tainted QATAR world cup without Messi or Ronaldo because their clubs decided they had enough of UEFA and they want to make their own profits.

UEFA is only defending its own money interests and is a corrupt institution.

When the games start happening and the whole world tunes in to see Madrid vs Manchester United in prime time nobody will care. I dont see the whole bad press that microsoft needs to avoid like this is going to taint the brand. Its a soccer(football) league with the biggest clubs in world football with billions involved its not a sweatshop in Bangladesh.

5 Likes

Exactly now maybe we can do it with the 70 dollar