XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Seriously though, is this the big Monday news we’ve been waiting for? I’m sure to some people it’s great, but if you’re a console gamer with an Android phone this isn’t anything.

Lol download at 500 megabits, or play while downloading at 30 megabits.

Agree. This feels like absolutely nothing.

Things good for the ecosystem are good for everyone.

2 Likes

Phil has mentioned he has played Xcloud on PC but it hasn’t been available. Im glad this is browser based. I look forward to trying this

Looks like they used Rainway to help them build the service on browsers across devices.

7 Likes

Unbelievable

just a couple weeks ago I thought these people were just lost in the water. What does this mean for Orion then?

3 Likes

xCloud consumes less than 15 mbps of internet. even on a 200Mbps internet, there would be 185 mbps left to download the game. looks good. :slightly_smiling_face:

Im just joking because of the throttling

1 Like

thats in theory but it never works like that

1 Like

I don’t know much about Orion, but that looks like something that gets integrated into the game itself. Does it have any impact on the client side of things?

1 Like
6 Likes

xCloud is the future. Play Game Pass and high-quality games with just a Chromebook, no download, just through the web browser.

When the app comes to TVs + switching to Series X server blades + having over 100 games playable with touch controls on smartphone or tablet + expand to more countries and the service leaves Beta, it’s going to be huge.

Especially in markets that are more PC or mobile than consoles.

1 Like
4 Likes

Wait what is Xbox server blades is it just the Xbox online servers?

This is something long-term but the consequences of xCloud coming to iOS and PC with a web browser will be huge for Game Pass and the whole Xbox division.

This is really an important news in my opinion.

4 Likes
10 Likes

These server blades are for Xcloud and are actually made up of Xbox One’s currently. Throughout this year they’ll be updating them to Xbox Series. So, basically when you’re streaming a game from Xcloud it’s actually running off of actual Xbox hardware.

5 Likes

xCloud are just xbox consoles without disc drive and hard disc in servers.

If you start a game on xCloud you just start a remote Xbox instance in some data center on real Xbox hardware. This also means no dev has to develop specifically for xCloud, they just allow Xbox to run their existing code in a data center. This is different from Stadia, where special Linux code has to be programmed by the devs.

Right now these are Xbox One type hardware. But they will add Xbox Series X hardware. The nice thing about the latter is a single Xbox Series X can run 4 Xbox One games at the same time. So its more space/power/cost effective.

1 Like

if it exists, it is optional. Xbox Cloud Gaming will always take priority when using the internet on your console or PC. whats left goes to download the game. it doesnt seem difficult to do that. we’ll see. :slightly_smiling_face: