XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

it must be something about the Xbox OS.

I wouldn’t really call that a cool feature persay, so I think it is something different.

It would make the dashboard crisper but that’s about it. The dashboard is also something I am not much on, I have a OLED and I rather avoid static backgrounds as much as possible. I got the dimmer enabled for after one minute too.

If they truly used these resources for something that really matters instead I’m fine with it. Definitely curious about that new feature though. What time do we expect this or unknown?

gonna echo folks saying there’s almost no way they wait until 2023 for a new Forza Horizon , not only because of licensing matters but because it’s easily now the second most popular franchise Xbox has , the unique players count of 4 has likely approached 30m at this point , i highly doubt they wait until 3 years into the new xbox life before releasing a new one . you never know but i would be very surprised .

There’s also nothing to justify why it would take that long outside of “they won’t release one until Turn 10 releases a new forza motorsport “ which seems like a silly thing to wait on as a business , especially when there’s rumors Turn 10 is/was assisting on Halo Infinite .

6 Likes

I was wondering how long those licensing agreements where. So that means that FH4 will be delisted September 28th 2022? That’s 4 years after launch. If that’s the case than yep forza horizon is definitely next. I could see it releasing in the spring because COVID has the potential to push anything back. But for now I’m banking on 2021.

Is there a licensing agreement for forza motorsports? Can the old ones still be purchased?

Anything that uses commercial vehicles has licensing agreements (cars/trucks/motorcycles). Likely something similar exists with trains and planes too, Train Simulators along with Flight Simulators.

As for purchasing, likely you’ll have to find physical media for it if you don’t already have a digital license.

The music licensing should be resolved as Microsoft said they restructured their contracts going forward around that since it was a large roadblock on getting older games releasable for the Backwards Compatibility Program.

Thought there was supposed to be an announced today.

It’s still today, so sit back and chill to the latest XboxEra PodCast episode in the meantime.

Damn :open_mouth:

2 Likes
10 Likes

Oh, that’s it? I could swear XCloud was already fully available on PC? My bad then.

I hope this isn’t the news for the day.

I wasn’t expecting much but it this is it then
 Wow.

This is gigantic news what are you on

4 Likes

It’s awesome? Playing on a laptop is almost an acceptable screen size and iOS is a huge market for mobile. Now it can take off!

2 Likes

Crying

he made another one

1 Like

You guys should watch the last defining Duke.

The part where they talk about Persona 5 royal on gamepass, pay attention to what ACG says about gamepass and how it’s changing the industry pretty hard.

He says that companies are now viewing gamepass as an exposure machine and it’s turning into a no brainer for them to put games in there.

2 Likes
10 Likes

It’s just I’ve been using xCloud for like over a year now already. This is like an app update to me hahaha. On a real one; I was really hoping Xbox would have improved the servers even before a beta for IOS tbh.

This feature would be killer
 put it on Xbox and PC, MS. :pray:

1 Like

Oh that’s true, XCloud is very important I know. But I could swear XCloud was long available on PC. And personally XCloud means nothing for me. It’s cool, but when I game it’s always at home and I don’t have this big telly for nothing. :wink: