XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

Soccer doesn’t exist😜

1 Like

A combination of Drings comments, Spencers comments how Covid is decimating the games industry, and well covid. The UK and US especially have been hit the hardest, and it’s where Xbox is based

Dring… the guy who walked back his comments straight away…?

He walked back his exaggeration how games were not coming this gen from MS, he was joking. He stands by his words how they are still a few year away

Wanna bet that Indiana Jones is out before 2028? A year of XGPU or a game of the winners choice.

Original theory for Indy is 2027. Think it hits then.

I honestly don’t think it’s weird for someone to guess that big games are going to take longer to release. A mad virus has almost ravaged the world. The game development industry took a bad hit from having to shut down & move to working from home. Damn near everything is getting delayed.

It’snot a big deal. The worst that can happen is that @Hindle is pleasantly surprised if some stuff comes out sooner!

1 Like

Aight, I’ll bite and say it’s before that too. Wanna bet?

Dam right I do.

1 Like

Haha, awesome! It’s on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

People do just casually brush off this virus, then get pissed off when everything is delayed. Be realistic and look outside the bubble, everything will come out, and its going to be awesome

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually agree with you that Covid has screwed up a lot of things and it keeps surprising people. I’m just more optimistic :wink:

Have to say, this bet could go either way I think. 2026 or 27 could be about right for Indiana Jones.

Be interesting to see what happens.

2 Likes

Considering Machine Games has never not made a game in less than 4 years Im sure they will get it out before then.

ahhhh nah my guy 2027 ? unless the game have trouble in development i won’t see that happening.

it will be 2024-2026 title

1 Like

I think its fine to take covid into account without spamming 3 years of development into a timeline for no reason.

2 Likes

Any project in full dev will be hampered as the devs have to be at home during this time. Which means dev slows to a crawl. Especially for titles like Fable and Perfect Dark where there is new studios and devs who have never worked together. The studio culture is not there.

Indy is not coming anytime soon. Machine are all hands on deck for Wolfenstein III.

sure but not every team will be the same. some teams will adapt better and some will still needs some work.

1 Like

that’s why i said 2024-2026

i expect it in these three years

2024, 2025 and 2027

also wolf 3 probably in polishing stages or end of development stages they won’t need full studio manpower behind it

1 Like