XboxEra Community Hangout |OT13| The Bakers Dozen

CoD is such a big event So many sponsors

3 Likes

It’s almost as if reality is running counter to what the media and all the doomsayers have been crying about here lately…

We’re seeing more investment by devs/publishers for Xbox, not less; sorry, two classic collections skipping the platform don’t have the same heft to that lot’s narrative compared to a juggernaut like Final Fantasy. Or is this what we’re supposed to expect on a dying platform? Asking as an adult who actually lived through several dead platforms and the complete barren wasteland that was their support for that lead…

2 Likes

1 Like

Xbox must be so happy to advertise and get this many attentions.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I just saw that the next Atelier game is announced for Xbox, have we talked about this?

I’ll probably get it, I’ve always wanted to get into this series. Seems like lighthearted fun.

8 Likes

PC Gamer might have heard the criticisms as they’re pretty brutal in their Concord review - 45/100.

Sony appear to have moved on too, the PCG site was covered in Concord ads until this afternoon, now it’s all Astro Bot…

5 Likes

These sites are experts in engagement farming.

4 Likes

A game that isn’t coming to PC.

4 Likes

I’m surprised no one is talking about it here but the stuff about Bungie is just crazy.

https://x.com/jasonschreier/status/1828840809590075742?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

5 Likes

I still love to watch that Marathon teaser trailer. The visuals and music are amazing. I would love to play a story-based game with that aesthetic. But for Bungie to just be normal and make a normal game, I guess it’s too much to ask.

7 Likes

Yep it’s weird, see loads of Nintendo ads on there too - guess the advertisers think “you like games” and screw the platforms you need to have…

1 Like

It’s wild how rotten Jim Ryan’s era is turning out to be. These were his signature moves, and it seems like none of it is paying off except for Helldivers 2, but even that has losing some of it’s steam. Plus, the lack of mtx results in not making as much as it should. Hopefully the other games perform better, but it’s not looking good for his era

2 Likes

The advertisers probably see that PC Gamer get a lot of PlayStation and Nintendo fans on that website with all the Xbox hate. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

https://x.com/jezcorden/status/1828916573773464000?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Koei Tecmo is likely taking its chance with next Atelier. You all know what to do.

7 Likes

Wow that Bungie acquisition may go down as one of, if not the worst of all time in gaming.

6 Likes

If I was Sony I would just tell Bungie to make Halo using the Marathon IP or something

5 Likes

https://x.com/wario64/status/1828916642681618434?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Curious how much of a downgrade it will have to do to make it work.

2 Likes

Sony seems to have FPS curse for some reason. Killzone was their best shot but then Shadow Fall happened at the same time as CoD becoming Sony’s cash. Destiny 2 was red hot but now faltered soon as Sony acquired them. Bad timing. Concord is now being seen as the biggest failure of this gen, which can be debatable.

So yeah, they have bad luck.

3 Likes

You mean make the thing that gamers expect and want? What a quaint idea. The real big-brain play is to revive an old beloved IP as a GAAS extraction shooter. Make sure it doesn’t get released until the extraction shooter trend is a few years old. And cancel all the rest of the studio’s projects so you’re betting the entire farm on this one game.

Now that’s thinking like a Sony exec. I’ll take my corner office and seven figure salary now, thank you!

6 Likes