XboxEra Community Hangout |OT13| The Bakers Dozen

Yeah, it’s the ol’ right message, wrong messenger. I know it’s probably different author, but the company you work for spent so much energy hating Starfield, Redfall, Avengers, and so many other games. Plus, they’ve made many articles about Steam CCU. Like FOH when you’re company is one of the worst offenders of trying to shit on games to start hate campaigns. I won’t be shocked if they make negative Starfield articles once Shattered Space launches

3 Likes

Remember, there is no bias. :smile:

16 Likes

Going Live

2 Likes

I find it hilarious that other places are using Concord discussion as a self-refleciton. I feel this discourse is showing the media and gamers bias towards Playstation. Like I didn’t see anybody do this for another publisher, but the moment it happens to Sony it’s a gamers have to be nicer.

10 Likes

What’s crazier is this game can be argued as among the worst failure of this gen alone. But because it’s published and developed at Sony, it has to be ignored. I’m no one to laugh at it. All of my posts are more like shocked and astounded by it. It’s more of sympathy than anything. Like it’s really bad (in terms of launch).

9 Likes

@Sikamikanico

3 Likes

I’d kill to play CvS2 and PowerStone on Series X, especially since it has online and these days it’s more important than ever to keep those games alive.

Really hoping that Capcom gets their shit together!

3 Likes

Playing Atlas Fall I couldn’t help but wish this was done by Ubisoft as I think the game might have been something more like the Prince of Persia games.

https://x.com/wario64/status/1828632344086937739?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Saw this coming.

2 Likes

Same old story, every time. It’s all fun and games until it’s your pet favorite game/dev/publisher. Then we all need to reflect and stop being so mean.

Guaranteed PC Gamer will be dancing on the grave of the next Ubisoft or Xbox game that flops or has problems. Those devs aren’t real humans with feelings.

Don’t point it out though! That makes you a fanboy.

8 Likes

PC Gamer is getting cooked over this (stolen from somewhere else, obviously)

17 Likes

Damn that sucks. Whatever though, already way too many games to cover.

I was expecting not to get a collection for the DS Castlevania games because of the touch screen, but it’s neat how they changed drawing the seals into a QTE. Really awesome they managed to port them. https://x.com/KZXcellent/status/1828457055134347594?t=EYpMjrFSmJzQUFSv7P6k3Q&s=19

Im hoping they keep the collection train going and maybe releasing Symphony of the Night again. I know we already have the 360 version but it’s getting kinda old now. Since it was made at a time when there was a restriction on how big digital games could be, I wouldn’t mind if they released a more definitive version with the missing/extra content added back in.

4 Likes

If Xbox is talking to them about Marvel Collection then I’m sure this will be released for the Xbox as well. I’m willing to wait.

I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t, but all the talk about game preservation probably puts more pressure on Xbox to make it happen.

I do want to add that I would have been over the moon with these announcements. Excited, hyped, pumped… All that stuff. It’s sort of sucks how things turned out when I watch the news of this reacted to with elation across YouTube and I can’t share in that lol

That said I am extremely happy that Microsoft is at least making an effort to make sure it hits Xbox. So this time around my heart didn’t sink like it did for the Marvel Collection. I was so choked I’m not gonna lie.

4 Likes

I believe he only covers PS5, but as we all know it’s for Xbox too. This all sounds very good.

https://x.com/GermanStrands/status/1828561697059352980

4 Likes

Apart from a few Switch (and PC) only exclusives, this was the only multiplatform JRPG announced today that is not coming to Xbox:

Fairy Tale has appeared on Xbox before?

1 Like

XboxEra is now the only gaming site I sub to - finally gave up on PureXbox today after 18 months (since they launched subs).

Most of the positive commentators have now left or started to feel the doom and gloom (not helped by the site itself often pushing that, as it gets more clicks and comments than positive Xbox news), and most articles now if they get any comments are drive-by PC / PS-first gamers revelling in it.

Weirdly some of the most frequent or most positive posters have become the most venomous.

It’s a shame, PureXbox were resurrected at the end of last generation because of the positive buzz around Game Pass and the new gen, but some staff and commentators are just too negative now.

I’ll still visit as they do have some news I don’t see on here (I don’t use Twitter) but yup another sub cancelled (after Game File, Edge and PC Gamer as all held Xbox to very different standard to PS).

Meh - if people are wondering why many of us choose to look for the positives (and while people can vent, many of us are dismissive of getting too worked up), this is why, we play games to have fun - not be depressed by doom and gloom or bitching about something we’ve no control over.

In the same way, anyone who moans about stuff being “woke” or a game too diverse can do one too - don’t like it, don’t play, just quit whining, it’s a fun hobby ffs

15 Likes

Bold choice to revel in it when the whole Concord thing is going on right now.

It is fascinating though, I think every subreddit I visit I would think even the most popular games are dead.

1 Like

i just saw that PC Gamer piece.

rofl

Are they self-aware? No more hater articles from them in the future or how do they plan to proceed?

9 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if it’s genuine fear from Sony (because I agree with the sentiment, but coming from PC Gamer, get fucked) IGN’s article was ‘Concord off to a slow start’ - this is the biggest AAA flop I have ever seen. I genuinely thought there was a mistake with Steamdb, but people aren’t allowed to be curious as to why it’s going this way.

8 Likes