XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

Weird that SteamWorld Heist II was revealed as a Game Pass game but that tweet was deleted and all trailers that had Game Pass logos are unlisted. All new marketing materials don’t mention Game Pass anymore, either.

https://x.com/bandainamcous/status/1805722642718109733?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

5 Likes

I think Everbornsaga had a good idea about this.

2 Likes

Has to be the most pointless one, given Xbox has a YouTube app so Xbox players will no doubt be able to view the prologue on their console anyway lol

1 Like

I agreed with everything you’ve said elsewhere in your posts about Microsoft’s product packaging, but I am curious as to what your Security and IT teams have against Zoom from a security perspective? It’s no more/less secure than any other peer-to-peer application of its kind, including Microsoft Teams. Their CVE count is similar, as is the nature of those CVEs and their threat factors.

I’m going to follow the anti-trust case very closely, less so for the EU’s unbundling push (its already been shown that Microsoft has unbundled, and a regulator can’t just force competition if no other viable vendors exist) - I’m more looking forward to seeing what documents Microsoft are forced to turn over that reveal more of their long-term strategy behind anything Azure related. The potential impacts there in the InfoSec and DevSec spaces are huge - not to mention gaming!

I was going to joke and say you should introduce me to your Security team so I can sell them some software - but I’m no longer in new logo sales (hooray Account Management and Expansion!) and I don’t think XboxEra wants to facilitate those types of meetings anyway! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lol I think we were already using Teams as a successor to Skype for Business but early on in the pandemic there were all those news stories about Zoom calls without passwords or easily shared ones being hijacked by pranksters.

Given many higher ups aren’t tech savvy, they liked Teams as it works with our AD accounts and was easily secured in that way - with the lawyers warned to only share invites with trusted contacts.

I suspect it was also usability - they don’t seem to have set up SSO for Zoom in our firm so you have to login and use the passcode etc whereas another company can invite us to a Teams call via Outlook and Teams will automatically sort it out.

It may still be pretty simple to log into Zoom but given some of the things our internal users have done over the years (one was looking at a static, frozen page for 3 years rather than a new dashboard and didn’t realise till we turned it off!) I’m guessing they prefer simple to keep our support tickets down…

And lol I suspect we may already be using you - they’ve been pretty hot on security stuff in recent years, I know we’ve got some threat detection stuff, network monitoring as well as Snow, Mimecast and zScaler.

Plus a ton of stuff I’m not aware of lol (development team - we’re the enemy of security teams as we want to try all the new stuff they’ve locked down lol, or we’re forced to work with integration suppliers that don’t stay up to date so have to test Windows patches with)

2 Likes

If you do a quick search for Zoom security issues, it looks like they were also advertising end to end encryption that didn’t exist, sharing user data in ways that weren’t expected (China, Facebook), etc. Most of the issues do seem to have been ironed out but there definitely were some things they didn’t have taken care of when their user count went from 10 to 300 million. There was also a group of 500k user acct that went up for sale but that seems like maybe a lot of them were from people who had reused username /password combinations that were already breached. I think Zoom lost some people’s trust right around the time it needed it most and that’s when a lot started turning to Teams. Here’s a couple of things on it.

4 Likes

Ouch yeah I’d forgotten about some of them!

Think again it’s a reason Microsoft is trusted, rightly or wrongly - because we pay them a fortune each year we know we’re paying for their products, unlike free ones where you probably are the product (as the old saying goes!)

3 Likes

https://x.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1805840604410396718

4 Likes

Hi! I am new here. Rocking my South of Midnight avatar :smiley: One of my most anticipated Xbox games.

21 Likes

Welcome to site/forums!

5 Likes

Well I finally found a way to keep progressing through the Elden Ring dlc. I was apparently ignoring a small area that I have been running through before, thinking I had explored it because I went to do something specific in that location.

Now I can explore the area of the map I haven’t been to before moving on to the end game area.

2 Likes

A little bit of a oops by an Microsoft Engineer.

2 Likes

Welcome to the board!

3 Likes

I got Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove a few days ago and they just got here, payed 46e for both games with shipping costs included! Can’t wait to play my first SMT after I am done with Shadow of the Erdtree (and probably a small break of playing Hellblade 1 & 2!). :partying_face:

5 Likes

https://x.com/hazzadorgamin/status/1805886642948804898?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

2 Likes

The link preview thing doesn’t seem to work on this link. It’s showing a new commercial for Toys R Us made in Sora.

https://www.threads.net/@culturecrave/post/C8p3C4hOUu3/

Love this kinda stuff. Not because I think the result is so amazing, but because of the promise of the tech. @GamepadX I think you’d be interested in this.

1 Like

I really need to give this game a go, ESO is not playable for me at the moment and I don’t have any other MMO that I’m playing either.

1 Like

Welcome.

1 Like

Welcome to the best Xbox AND gaming community overall!

Dawntrail is the expansion that brings the visual upgrades too, right? That looked really good last time I saw some pictures. But I assume even without the expansion it gets those upgrades? Still haven’t checked out the trial.

2 Likes