XboxEra Community Hangout |OT12| The Dirty Dozen

I would have bought 16 of 18 day one. COD BO 6 due to me not caring about online multi-player and possibly Contraband if it ends up being a pure co-op game and unplayable solo.

1 Like

I’m picky. I can be with my backlog :wink:

I would have bought Avowed, Clockwork Revolution, Gears of War: E-day, TES VI and The Outer Worlds 2 day one.

Stalker 2 I preordered the collectors edition long ago. Slava Ukraine! :wink:

4 Likes

Great list there!! I’m really hyped for E-Day and way more than I would have been if it was Gears 6. Also hyped for Revolution. Oh man!! Looking forward to the others as well.

1 Like

Rellana’s Twin Blades are so freaking good!

1 Like

Shadow of the Erdtree has been pretty much, I get through the stage with some issues. Get my ass kicked by a boss whose super mobile and super cool. I summon my mimic and we fight until we win.

I know my limits and I feel some of these bosses are all meant to be somewhere close to, if not harder than Malenia who I could never beat solo. So no regrets summoning my way to victory.

1 Like

I watched a video of a YouTuber I follow actually in that fight, holy shit. It looked awesome but it also immediately told me this can never be for me. I saw the player avoiding all her attacks by rolling and this is one thing I suck so bad at in Souls games. I just can’t seem to time it right or maybe I roll in the wrong direction, but I always get hit.

That’s the sole reason I went with pyromancer in Dark Souls 1 and 2. Rellana was rushing the player like crazy, I don’t think a pyromancer from a “safe” distance could survive that, lol. That’s why I can never claim I’m good at these games, pyro build is the easy way out, right? Perhaps it’s a practice thing, people make it seem so easy, the avoiding of attacks.

After looking up Flitlock. Am starting to have some very bad feelings for it for its future and the studio. Mostly because of the whole Consulting debacle, not putting names mostly cause this was talked to death before, going on and how supposedly only now some folks decided to talk about the game itself. That does not instill confidence on a possible consumer whatsoever. That and the decision to launch the game right next to kumitsu-gami, a Capcom game, is not a smart play.

I wasn’t aware of any of this, honestly don’t really understand the situation?

I think trying out sorceseries would work better for you in Elden Ring, as the variety in magic is pretty good, hits hard and with items and leveling can be cast fairly quickly.

The non dlc bosses also don’t rush people as often, with a few exceptions that still have enough slow walking to be taken advantage of. We also got summons we can find and upgrade to use in battle that can act as our distraction if need. If all else fails there’s also NPC summons and some jolly cooperation.

1 Like

Flintlock looks great can’t wait to play it.

You could always equip the “bloodhound step” ash of war. ( assuming it wasn’t nerfed too badly , it’s been a while since I last played Elden Ring )

1 Like

The racists are at it again. If you can avoid knowing about it, it’s best to lol.

8 Likes

Magic is awesome. If it hadn’t been for the fireballs I probably would never have finished DS because the Ornstein and Smoug battle became doable for me because of the fireballs, haha. But man, I see players dodging all these attacks while getting some of their own hits in and I want to do that too, damn, lol. In a RPG I love being a warrior, swords are my shit. Perhaps I just need to practice it, maybe watch some videos on it. It’s also absolutely possible that the whole skill of avoiding attacks by rolling will never click for me. I don’t have ER myself, had a huge Souls fatique when it came out but I adored Dark Souls 1, I owe it to myself not to miss out on this.

Hmmm, I’m gonna look this up! Thank you.

Oh ffs, that kind of pathetic shit? Yep, so far I’ve avoided it quite nicely. I saw several tweets by the studio the last couple of weeks where they asked if people were looking forward to it and I mostly saw level headed, grown up comments thankfully.

I quite look forward to it, especially because it offers difficulty modes.

It’s been nerfed for a while now, so we don’t travel as far, but that sword is still one of the best in the game.

1 Like

There is no actual thing as a consulting debacle. The entire situation has been a group of people who don’t understand that these companies are hired, and are not influential in changing things. Companies ask them to do stuff and then they do it and then the company decides if they want to use that or not. There’s no debacle here as far as consulting actually goes. A few people being idiots on their social media doesn’t ruin the regular work done by consulting firms.

9 Likes

Metroid Prime Remastered for 28 euros in the Nintendo E-shop.

I can also get a used hard copy here for the same price. Unfortunately there’s no demo, that way I could see if this game is for me. It’s a pretty nice deal. Normal price is 40. To do, or not to do?

Flintlock looks great and im looking forward to it. It has difficulty levels which is a must when it comes to souls like games because otherwise, it’s a pass for me. Combat/gameplay looks really good and the writing/dialogue from what I have seen seems a lot better than you would expect from an AA title. Best of all is that it’s on Game Pass so it’s very low risk/high reward for those like me who’ll be playing it day one.

7 Likes

Seeing all the bitching and nit-picking from armchair developers/designers about Shadow of the Erdtree (and Dragon’s Dogma 2 before it) I am wondering if the gaming community can still enjoy playing a videogame through engaging with it’s systems instead of brute forcing their way by trying to replicate the way they used to play in previous entries or even other games.

I’ve even seen people say “why should I explore the open world of Shadow of the Erdtree?” like they are seriously asking with a straight face why they should play the freakin’ game they bought…maybe I am getting too old but I feel like I am in bizzaro land.

The sad part is that lately every game that takes gamers out of their comfort zone are accused of being archaic (Dragon’s Dogma 2), unbalanced (see Shadow of the Ertree) or being too balanced (see DOOM Eternal) with longs posts of armchair game design BS theories. We say all the time that we want new experiences, ideas and gameplay mechanics from the AAA space but in the end all we want as a community is familiar control schemes, familiar gameplay loops and familiar mechanics.

Same here, Flintlock looks very fun and I will definitely check it out when it comes on Game Pass. It looks like an interesting, new take on the Souls like sub-genre that mixes more traditionally action gameplay with some standard Souls like design choices…and as a fan of both action/character action and Soulsborne games I am all in on this one.

8 Likes

Going Live

1 Like

Yup, we literally were told they would do a Sekiro like approach to difficulty. So people are running at bosses as beginning of the game Sekiro and refusing to grow stronger.

From what I’m read, the old stragetegy of everything bleeds and gets stagger works just as well, but at least the people who are using it are actually engaging with the rpg mechanics to get their results.

3 Likes

Man, I’d hate to take them back to Nintendo days…

1 Like